New York: Indian tech workers holding H-1B visas have become the target of a racist online campaign coordinated on far-right forums such as 4chan. The campaign, dubbed “Clog the Toilet”, reportedly seeks to disrupt flight bookings for Indians returning to the United States after vacationing in India.

The tactic involves reserving multiple seats on India–US flights and initiating the checkout process without completing payment. By repeatedly doing so, the campaigners temporarily block genuine passengers from purchasing tickets, leading to inflated fares.

The development follows former President Donald Trump’s September 21 announcement of a a$100,000 fee on H-1B visas, triggering panic among Indian professionals abroad. Many rushed to book tickets back to the US, fearing the new fee would apply to their re-entry.

One such passenger, Austin-based software engineer Amrutha Tamanam, said she struggled to secure a flight to Dallas on Qatar Airways and eventually paid nearly $2,000—more than double the original round-trip fare.

Posts on 4chan and Telegram contained racist slurs against South Asians, with users boasting about “wrecking Jeets” by blocking seats. Messages urged participants to “clog the flight reservation system” to keep Indians from returning.

Despite the online claims, an Air India spokesperson said the airline’s website had not experienced any disruption.

To ease concerns, the White House clarified that the $100,000 fee applies only to new H-1B petitions.

Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt confirmed: “Those who already hold H-1B visas and are currently outside of the country right now will NOT be charged $100,000 to re-enter.”

The campaign has raised fresh concerns about the intersection of immigration policy, racism, and online extremism in the United States.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Karachi (PTI): At least 16 people, including many children, were killed and 14 others injured when a suspected gas leakage led to an explosion in a residential building in Pakistan's Karachi on Thursday morning.

“The explosion took place around 4:30 am on the first floor of the building located in the Old Soldier Bazar area when everyone was awake for Sehri time,” police official Jamshed Asher said.

The first day of Ramzan is being observed in Pakistan today.

The police official said that the reason for the explosion apparently was a gas leakage.

ALSO READ:  IIT-Madras to establish applied AI innovation centre in Dubai

Due to gas shortage in Pakistan’s biggest city, many families especially in lower income residential areas use liquid petroleum gas cylinders at their homes.

Police surgeon Dr Samaiya Syed confirmed that they have received 14 bodies so far from the blast site while 14 injured are under treatment.

The explosion caused a part of the building structure to collapse due to its dilapidated condition.

“We are still searching through the rubble and debris to see if there are any more bodies or survivors,” Chief Fire Officer Humayun Khan said.

The deceased include at least nine children aged between two and 17 while the injured also include seven children.

This is the second major tragedy to occur in Karachi. Last month, a fire broke out in the basement of the Gul Shopping Plaza, a wholesale and retail market, in the Saddar area killing at least 79 people and leaving scores injured.