Washington DC: CNN has permanently banned conservative political commentator Ryan Girdusky after he verbally attacked British-American journalist Mehdi Hasan during a heated debate on "NewsNight With Abby Phillip." The incident occurred on Monday night when Girdusky made a controversial remark, saying, "I hope your beeper doesn’t go off," in reference to a series of deadly explosions in Lebanon.

The discussion centred around the upcoming United States presidential election and criticisms of a recent rally by Republican candidate Donald Trump, where derogatory remarks were made against various minority groups. Hasan, the founder of the new media company Zeteo, criticised the inflammatory rhetoric at the rally and asserted, “If you don’t want to be called Nazis, stop doing, stop saying.”

After Girdusky's remark, Hasan responded, questioning whether Girdusky suggested he should die. Host Abby Phillip interjected, apologising to Hasan and confirming Girdusky's removal from the panel, stating, "There is a line that was crossed there, and it’s not acceptable to me."

https://youtu.be/e6qjI2xK4XM?si=6vtMALn3Bj6g5ZXt 

Following the broadcast, CNN released a statement asserting, "There is zero room for racism or bigotry at CNN or on our air." The network condemned Girdusky's comments, stating he would not be welcomed back.

 

Phillip later expanded on the incident in a statement posted on X, clarifying that Hasan had been welcome to continue the show but chose not to return. “As you may have seen, Ryan was asked to leave the show, and we put out a statement saying that he’s not welcome back on our air,” she wrote. “We really wanted [Hasan] to come back and finish the show… but I just wanted to make sure that you all knew that was not what happened there.”

 

Girdusky later tweeted, "Apparently, you can’t go on CNN if you make a joke," in response to the backlash.

 

Responding to the incident, progressive commentator and journalist Mehdi Hasan said that he was "so stunned" when a conservative commentator told him, "I hope your beeper doesn't go off," during a panel on CNN.

Hasan, a frequent critic of Israel, said on Wednesday in a video message shared on YouTube that while he has "interviewed" and "sparred with controversial, opinionated, offensive people from across the world ... never in my 25 years as a journalist, and 15 years of doing live TV, have I been so stunned by what was said to me."

"But as shocked and stunned as I was, there was no way I was going to let him say that to me unchallenged," Hasan added. He said that he was happy to see CNN decide to ban Girdusky from appearing on air and that Phillip took the time to apologise to viewers "after I walked off set."

Hasan strongly condemned Harris' policies toward the Israel-Hamas conflict in his video message on Wednesday but raised an even bigger warning about a second Trump presidency should the former president win on November 5. "If she [Harris] loses—and to be clear, because of her refusal to budge even an inch on Gaza ...—we will get a Trump presidency," Hasan said. "A white supremacist presidency, an anti-Black, antisemitic, Islamophobic presidency, in which people like the bigot I had to deal with on CNN will be emboldened like never before," Hasan added.

https://youtu.be/iSq7vnw3gWI?si=TPNsCEZH1RLI6gA3

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Nagpur (PTI): A student from Maharashtra drowned and another went missing after venturing into the sea in Chennai, officials said on Sunday.

It was not yet known which institution the students were from and where exactly the incident occurred.

The Maharashtra government has appealed to the Tamil Nadu authorities to expedite the search and rescue operation.

The incident occurred on Saturday when a group of 26 students went to the seashore.

Three of them entered the waters where Mayuri Chaudhari from Nagpur drowned, while Jay Patil went missing and a search was underway for him, a statement from the Maharashtra Chief Minister's Office said.

Another student, Raj Kedari, was rescued safely, it said.

Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis has contacted the Tamil Nadu government and is overseeing relief efforts. He urged the Tamil Nadu government to provide immediate aid and launch a rescue operation. 

The family members of Chaudhari and Patil have been informed.