Bangkok: A 36-year-old woman in Thailand has been sentenced to death in the first of a string of cases in which she is accused of murdering 14 friends with cyanide.

The court in Bangkok on Wednesday found Sararat Rangsiwuthaporn, guilty of putting poison in a wealthy friend's food and drink while they were on a trip last year. According to a report by the Guardian, the two met near Bangkok in April 2023 to release fish into the Mae Klong river as part of a Buddhist ritual. Siriporn collapsed and died shortly afterwards and investigators found traces of cyanide in her body. Her phone, money and bags were missing when she was found.

Tongpin Kiatchanasiri, Siriporn’s mother, told reporters that the court’s decision is fair. “I want to tell my daughter that I miss her deeply and justice has been done for her today,” she expressed.

Sararat, described as an online gambling addict, is accused of swindling thousands of dollars from her victims before killing them with the chemical.

“She asked people she knows for money because she has a lot of credit card debt; and if they asked her for their money back, she started killing them,” Surachate Hakparn, deputy national police chief, was quoted as saying by the publication.

She has lured 15 people, one of whom survived, to take poisoned “herb capsules”. Sararat faces 13 more separate murder trials and has been charged with about 80 offences in total.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): Delhi Police has recovered 1,850 stolen and lost mobile phones worth around Rs 4 crore in past 40 days under "Mission Reconnect", an initiative aimed at returning phones to their rightful owners in outernorth Delhi, an official said on Saturday.

The recovered phones were traced from different parts of the country, including remote areas, through technical surveillance and sustained field operations, police said, adding that the devices were handed over to their owners during a programme at the Sports Ground, New Police Lines, Kingsway Camp.

The initiative focused on a victim-centric approach and aimed at strengthening public trust through proactive policing and coordinated efforts across states, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outernorth) Hareshwar Swami said.

As part of the programme, teams performed 'nukkad nataks' and screened awareness videos on cybercrime, drug abuse prevention, and senior citizen safety, sensitising the public about digital frauds and safety measures, officials said.

The initiative combines technology, investigation and community participation to ensure recovery of lost property and reconnect citizens with their valuables, they added.