Gaza City: Hours after Al Jazeera Arabic’s Gaza correspondent Anas al-Sharif was killed in an Israeli airstrike near Al-Shifa Hospital, his final message, written months earlier, was posted on his X account.
The targeted strike, which also claimed the lives of four other journalists, was confirmed by the Israeli army, which alleged that al-Sharif had been a Hamas member involved in launching rockets at Israel. The veteran journalist, who had received repeated threats for his coverage of the Israeli assault on Gaza, was known for reporting extensively on the humanitarian crisis in the enclave.
In his farewell message, al-Sharif reflected on his life in Jabalia refugee camp, his hopes of returning to his ancestral home in Asqalan (Al-Majdal), and his commitment to conveying the truth “without distortion or falsification.” He entrusted the world with the cause of Palestine, calling it “the jewel of the Muslim world and the pulse of every free heart,” and urged people not to be silenced by chains or borders.
Addressing his family directly, he expressed deep love for his daughter Sham, son Salah, mother, and wife, describing their resilience and sacrifices. He asked that they be supported in his absence.
“If my words reach you, know that Israel has succeeded in killing me and silencing my voice,” he wrote, adding a final plea: “Do not forget Gaza… And do not forget me in your good prayers for forgiveness and acceptance.”
Al-Sharif concluded by affirming his steadfastness on his principles and his hope to be accepted among the martyrs.
The April 6, 2025 letter has now become a testament to his lifelong commitment to the Palestinian cause.
This is my will and my final message. If these words reach you, know that Israel has succeeded in killing me and silencing my voice. First, peace be upon you and Allah’s mercy and blessings.
— أنس الشريف Anas Al-Sharif (@AnasAlSharif0) August 10, 2025
Allah knows I gave every effort and all my strength to be a support and a voice for my…
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): A 30-year-old man was found hanging at his residence in northeast Delhi's Jafrabad area on Thursday, with police suspecting that matrimonial discord may have driven him to take the extreme step, an official said.
Information was received from Lok Nayak Jai Prakash (LNJP) Hospital regarding a person who had been brought dead, he said.
During enquiry, the deceased was identified as Chand (30), a resident of Welcome area. Police said he was staying with his brother at a house in Jafrabad where he was allegedly found hanging.
According to police, Chand was first taken to Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital by family members after they found him in an unconscious state, and was declared brought dead.
The family later shifted him to LNJP Hospital seeking a second medical opinion, where doctors again declared him dead, police said.
Police said the body has been sent for post-mortem to ascertain the cause of death.
During preliminary verification, it came to light that Chand was facing matrimonial issues. His wife had reportedly left him and shifted to her parental home following disputes between the couple, police said, adding that the angle is being examined as part of the investigation.
Crime and forensics teams were informed and necessary legal proceedings are underway, police said.
