Washington, Jun 17 (AP): President Donald Trump suggested on Tuesday that he would likely extend a deadline for TikTok's Chinese owner to divest the popular video sharing app.
Trump had signed an order in early April to keep TikTok running for another 75 days after a potential deal to sell the app to American owners was put on ice.
“Probably yeah, yeah," he responded when asked by reporters on Air Force One whether the deadline would be extended again.
"Probably have to get China approval but I think we'll get it. I think President Xi will ultimately approve it.”
He indicated in an interview last month with NBC that he would be open to pushing back the deadline again. If it happens, it would be third time that the deadline has been extended.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): US Secretary of State Marco Rubio will visit India in the next few months, US Ambassador Sergio Gor said on Friday.
The envoy also said that the India-US trade deal is set to be inked soon.
Gor also described the Quad coalition as an important grouping for cooperation among its member states.
The envoy said India and the US are taking their bilateral ties to the next level.
Gor made the remarks on the sidelines of an event at the AI Impact Summit here.
