Washington: Several documents linked to late financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein disappeared from the US Justice Department’s public website within a day of being uploaded, triggering political reactions and renewed demands for transparency.

At least 16 files that appeared online on Friday were no longer accessible by Saturday. Among the missing material was an image that included a photograph showing US President Donald Trump with Epstein, Melania Trump and Ghislaine Maxwell. The image was part of a larger photograph depicting framed pictures placed on furniture and inside drawers, alongside images of artwork featuring nude women.

The Justice Department has not clarified whether the files were removed intentionally or due to an error. No official explanation has been issued and a department spokesperson did not respond to media queries.

Democrats on the House Oversight Committee drew attention to the missing Trump image in a post on X. They asked what else might have been removed and called for public accountability.

According to an India Today report, the document release, which ran into thousands of pages, included references to several prominent individuals, including former US President Bill Clinton. Notably, Trump’s name appeared rarely in the written records, despite earlier disclosures that had linked him to Epstein socially. Trump has denied any involvement in Epstein’s crimes and has not been accused of wrongdoing.

His absence from much of the newly released material stood out, particularly because his name appeared in Epstein’s private jet flight logs made public by the Justice Department earlier this year.

Several documents which were expected by survivors and lawmakers did not feature in the release. These included FBI interviews with victims and internal Justice Department records explaining why Epstein was not federally prosecuted in the mid-2000s, when he instead secured a plea deal on lesser state charges.

Other figures long associated with Epstein, including Britain’s former Prince Andrew, were also mentioned sparingly, leading to further questions about the scope of scrutiny applied.

The released files did include some new elements, such as a 1996 complaint accusing Epstein of stealing photographs of children and documents outlining how federal prosecutors retreated from pursuing sex trafficking charges. However, much of the material consisted of photographs of Epstein’s properties in New York and the US Virgin Islands, along with scattered images involving celebrities and political figures.

Many of the documents were heavily redacted or provided little context. One file labelled “Grand Jury-NY,” running 119 pages, was entirely blacked out. Prosecutors have acknowledged that millions of pages of records exist from investigations into Epstein and Maxwell, far more than what has been made public so far.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Thiruvananthapuram (PTI): Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Wednesday expressed concern over the upcoming release of the second part of 'The Kerala Story', claiming that its first installment was made with the "intent to spread hatred against the state and undermine its secular tradition."

Vijayan, in a statement issued by his office, also questioned how "poisonous works produced to spread division and hatred in society" were allowed to be screened, while a film like 'Beef' was barred from a film festival.

He further said that Sangh Parivar centres had taken over and spread the false narrative conveyed by 'The Kerala Story'.

“They are spreading false propaganda by portraying even marriages conducted with mutual consent as examples of communalism and forced religious conversion,” the CM said.

He contended that such forces view Kerala—with no communal riots and a tradition of mutual respect among communities—with hostility, and termed them “enemies of the state” attempting to destroy the peace and tranquility of the region.

“We must collectively reject attempts to portray Kerala, a land of religious harmony that stands at the forefront of sustainable development and is a model in maintaining law and order, as a center of terrorism,” Vijayan said.

“It is the responsibility of each of us to ensure that Kerala’s secular foundation is not undermined by false propaganda and to reject it by upholding the values of secularism and brotherhood,” he added.

Directed by Kamakhya Narayan Singh, the teaser of 'Kerala Story 2: Goes Beyond', was released recently.

The first film, 'The Kerala Story', won awards for Best Direction and Best Cinematography at the 71st National Film Awards.