Former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson, who previously worked for Donald Trump's Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, has endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris in the upcoming presidential election. According to a report by The Washington Post, Hutchinson announced her support for Harris during an appearance on MSNBC, citing the Vice President's character and commitment to upholding the rule of law as key factors in her decision.
Hutchinson, who gained national attention after testifying before the House committee investigating the January 6, 2021 insurrection at the Capitol, revealed that she had long decided not to vote for Trump again. "I’ve known for quite a long time, number one, that I would never in my life vote for Donald Trump ever again," she told MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell. She added that her support for the Democratic ticket, now led by Harris, was solidified after watching Trump's choice of Ohio Senator JD Vance as his running mate.
Hutchinson’s endorsement aligns her with a growing list of Republicans backing Harris, including former Wyoming congresswoman Liz Cheney and her father, former Vice President Dick Cheney. She criticized Trump and Vance, stating, “They cannot be trusted with the Constitution. They cannot be trusted to uphold our rule of law, and they can’t be trusted to enact responsible policy.”
In response, Trump’s campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung defended the former president, claiming that Trump had unified the Republican Party and garnered broad support within his administration. However, The Washington Post reported that only 24 of Trump's 42 cabinet members had publicly endorsed his candidacy by August.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Lucknow (PTI): Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday accused the BJP government of "playing" with his security and sought an explanation for the withdrawal of the National Security Guard (NSG) cover provided to him.
In a statement issued from the SP headquarters here, the former chief minister said the government must clarify the reasons cited in his security cover review that led to the withdrawal.
"The BJP government is playing with my security. I had NSG security, but it was withdrawn. The government should have disclosed why," Yadav said, alleging that security decisions were being politicised.
Yadav also referred to the withdrawal of SPG protection for Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, claiming that the BJP government had earlier removed his cover and made him vacate his official residence.
Speaking to reporters during his day-long visit to Jhansi, Yadav accused the BJP of "insulting everyone", including a Shankaracharya and students at the Magh Mela in Prayagraj.
"They pulled the 'shikha' (tuft of hair) of our 'batuks' and humiliated them. The chief minister is constantly insulting Shankaracharya. He is demanding certificates from him," Yadav said, adding that Yogi Adityanath should apologise for his actions
A "true yogi" empathises with people's suffering, he said, and alleged that the government instead celebrates bulldozing houses. He further claimed that the chief minister does not respect the Constitution and law, and cited cases mentioned in Adityanath's 2017 election affidavit to attack him.
"No other chief minister has faced as many cases as the current chief minister," the SP chief said in the statement.
