Jerusalem (PTI): Applauding US President Donald Trump’s “bold decision” to hit Iran’s nuclear facilities, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday said that it demonstrated “peace through strength” and will lead to a future of peace and prosperity in the region and beyond.

The US struck three sites in Iran early Sunday with an aim to destroy the country's nuclear programme. The sites attacked were Fordow, Natanz, and Esfahan.

“Your (Trump’s) bold decision to target Iran’s nuclear facilities with the awesome and righteous might of the United States will change history," Netanyahu said.

“In Operation Rising Lion, Israel has done truly amazing things. But in tonight’s action against Iran’s nuclear facilities, America has been truly unsurpassed. It has done what no other country on earth could do," the Israeli Prime Minister said.

Israel launched Operation Rising Lion on June 13, targeting Iran’s nuclear and missile production and storage facilities to get rid of both. It has for years been calling Iran’s nuclear programme an existential threat and has vowed to foil its nuclear ambition at any cost.

Iran has maintained that its nuclear programme is for peaceful purposes.

The Israeli leader asserted that history would remember Trump for denying ‘the world’s most dangerous regime the world’s most dangerous weapons’.

“His leadership today has created a pivot of history that can help lead the Middle East and beyond to a future of prosperity and peace," Netanyahu stressed.

“President Trump and I often say: Peace through strength. First comes strength, then comes peace”, the Israeli Premier asserted.

And tonight, President Trump and the United States acted with a lot of strength, he said.

Israel had been saying that it would destroy Iran’s nuclear facilities on its own, if required, but was urging the United States to support through its capabilities for a “swift end to it”.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Guwahati (PTI): Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Friday said the Centre and his government have undertaken several initiatives for development of the Barak Valley, and launch of the Vibrant Village Programme-II from Cachar is testament of the region's importance in the national landscape.

A region which was “once neglected”, now stands as an important area in Assam's development perspective and in the national Act East vision, Sarma said in a post on X.

''Today, as Adarniya @AmitShah ji is set to launch the nationwide Vibrant Village Programme-II from Cachar, it shows the region's importance in the national landscape,'' he said.

''We have placed great thrust in developing the region, and a host of initiatives are being implemented in this regard including reducing the distance between Guwahati and Silchar to just 5 hours via the upcoming Expressway. Our Double Engine Govt stands committed to do more and ensure the equitable development of both Barak and Brahmaputra valleys,'' Sarma said.

The Barak Valley comprises the districts of Cachar, Hailakandi and Sribhumi.