Washington DC: White House trade adviser Peter Navarro has reignited his feud with social media platform X after his posts alleging India’s profiteering from Russian oil were flagged with community notes.

In a series of posts on Sunday (local time), Navarro dismissed the fact-checks as “crap” and accused X of serving “foreign interests” that interfere in U.S. economic and political discourse. He launched a user poll asking whether X should “present this crap,” escalating tensions with the platform.

Navarro, Senior Counsellor for Trade and Manufacturing under U.S. President Donald Trump, had earlier claimed that India’s purchase of Russian oil was motivated purely by profiteering and that New Delhi’s tariffs were costing “American jobs.” His remarks were fact-checked by users on X, pointing out inaccuracies in his claims.

In response, Navarro accused the Indian government of running a “spin machine” and alleged that revenues from Russian oil sales were fueling Moscow’s war effort. “India buys Russia oil solely to profiteer. It didn’t buy any before Russia invaded Ukraine,” he posted.

Despite his strong criticism, Navarro’s own poll appeared to backfire. At the time of reporting, over 60 per cent of respondents voted in favor of X presenting diverse viewpoints, including fact-check notes, undermining Navarro’s stance.

Navarro’s comments also targeted the Washington Post, which had reported on tensions within the Trump administration over its India policy. He accused the newspaper of spreading “fake news,” adding that India’s “highest tariffs cost U.S. jobs” and that Washington’s leniency toward New Delhi was misplaced.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Lakhimpur Kheri (UP) (PTI): Ten people were killed when a van collided head-on with a truck on the Sisaiya-Lakhimpur national highway on Monday, police said.

The van was going to Sisaiya from Lakhimpur when the accident took place between Unchgaon and Bharehta villages.

Circle Officer of Dhaurahra, Shamsher Bahadur Singh, said all nine passengers travelling in the van and the driver were killed.

District Magistrate of Lakhimpur Kheri Anjani Kumar Singh told reporters that the van collided with a truck coming from the opposite direction, leading to nine casualties on the spot, while one succumbed to injuries at the district hospital.

Circle Officer, Dhaurahra, Shamsher Bahadur Singh told PTI, "Efforts are on to establish the identity of other deceased persons."

The seven of the deceased have been identified as Jaideep Singh (25), Pawan (23), Sohan (21), Ram Goyal (42), Sahajram (35), Pappu (18), all residents of Bahraich district and Adnan Khan (15), a resident of Lakhimpur Kheri district, police said.

Condoling the loss of lives in the accident, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in a post on X, said, "The loss of life in the unfortunate road accident in Lakhimpur Kheri district is deeply distressing and heart-wrenching. My condolences are with the bereaved families."

"I have directed the local administration to provide prompt and adequate assistance to the injured and the victims. I pray to Lord Shri Ram to grant the departed souls a place at His divine feet and to bestow a speedy recovery upon the injured," Adityanath said on X.

Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya and Brajesh Pathak too condoled the loss of lives in the accident.

"The loss of lives resulting from the road accident in Lakhimpur Kheri district is deeply tragic and heart-wrenching. My deepest condolences go out to the bereaved families," Maurya said.