Doha: Dr. Majed bin Mohammed Al Ansari, spokesperson for Qatar’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, clarified that media reports suggesting Qatar’s withdrawal from mediation efforts between Hamas and Israel are inaccurate. He stated that Qatar notified both parties ten days ago, during recent mediation efforts, that it would pause its mediation if an agreement could not be reached in that round. Qatar will resume efforts once both sides demonstrate a genuine willingness to end the ongoing conflict and address the severe humanitarian crisis affecting civilians in Gaza. Qatar remains committed to taking an active role to bring an end to the violence and facilitate the return of hostages and prisoners when conditions allow.
Dr. Al Ansari emphasised that “Qatar will not allow its mediation efforts to be exploited,” pointing out that there has been manipulation, particularly after the collapse of the initial ceasefire and hostage exchange involving women and children. Qatar observed that some parties retreated from previously agreed commitments and used prolonged negotiations to justify ongoing hostilities for narrow political gains.
He reiterated Qatar’s unwavering support for the Palestinian cause, highlighting Qatar’s commitment to a sovereign Palestinian state along the 1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital. Addressing recent media speculation, he clarified that reports regarding a Hamas office in Doha are incorrect. He stated that the office functions as a communication channel between relevant parties, which has previously helped facilitate ceasefires and contributed to the release of hostages and detainees in past negotiations.
Dr. Al Ansari urged the public to rely on information from official sources to avoid misinformation.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Thane (PTI): A 46-year-old mechanical engineer in Maharashtra's Thane city has allegedly been duped of Rs 3.15 crore after being lured to invest in a fraudulent online trading platform, police said on Sunday.
The complainant, a resident of the Kasarvadavali area, alleged that a person had contacted him and promised high returns through investments on a website.
Believing the representation to be true, the complainant invested Rs 3,15,67,954 between December 12, 2025 and February 11 this year, cyber police station sub-inspector Lahu Rathod said.
"The complainant stated that he was initially shown a profit of USD 5 lakh on the platform, which built his confidence. However, when he attempted to withdraw or secure his invested amount, his account was blocked and he realised that he had been cheated," the official said.
Based on his complaint, the police registered a case on Friday against three individuals under Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita sections 318(4) (cheating) and 316(2) (criminal breach of trust), and sections 66(C) and 66(D) of the Information Technology Act for cheating, impersonation and online fraud, he said.
A probe was underway into the case.
