Washington: President Donald Trump has introduced a new visa programme that offers wealthy foreigners an expedited path to US citizenship in exchange for a minimum payment of $1 million. Announcing the initiative on social media on Wednesday, Trump described the offering, called the Trump Gold Card, as a “direct path to citizenship for all qualified and vetted people.”

According to the scheme’s official website, the Gold Card is aimed at individuals who can demonstrate they will provide a “substantial benefit” to the United States. The programme promises residency in “record time” and requires a $1 million fee as proof of that benefit. Businesses sponsoring foreign employees will need to pay $2 million, with additional charges depending on the applicant’s circumstances. A “platinum” version with special tax incentives is expected to be introduced for $5 million.

Applicants must also pay a non-refundable $15,000 processing fee before their documents are reviewed.
BBC reported that the scheme has drawn criticism from Democrats since its first announcement earlier this year, who argue that it unfairly prioritises the wealthy. When Trump initially outlined the plan, he likened the visa to a green card but stressed that it targeted “high-level” professionals. “We want people that are productive,” he said, adding that those who can pay $5 million “are going to create jobs.”

The launch of the programme comes at a time when the administration has sharply intensified its immigration crackdown. The US has increased fees for work visas and expanded efforts to deport undocumented migrants. Immigration applications from 19 countries, mostly in Africa and the Middle East which are covered under the administration’s travel ban remain paused.

The government has also halted decisions on asylum cases and announced a review of thousands of approvals issued during President Joe Biden’s tenure. In September, Trump signed an order introducing a $100,000 fee for new applicants to the H-1B programme for skilled workers, prompting concern among international students and technology companies. The White House later clarified that the fee applies only to applicants currently living outside the United States.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Mumbai (PTI): Veteran screenwriter Salim Khan suffered a brain haemorrhage which has been tackled, is on ventilator support as a safeguard and stable, doctors treating him said on Wednesday, a day after he was admitted to the Lilavati Hospital here.

The 90-year-old, one half of the celebrated Salim-Javed duo which scripted films such as "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don" with Javed Akhtar, is in the ICU and recovery might take some time given his age.

"His blood pressure was high for which we treated him and we had to put him on a ventilator because we wanted to do certain investigations. Now the ventilator was put as a safeguard so that his situation doesn't get worse. So it is not that he is critical," Dr Jalil Parkar told reporters.

"We did the investigations that were required and today we have done a small procedure on him, I will not go into the details. The procedure done is called DSA (digital subtraction angiography). The procedure has been accomplished, he is fine and stable and shifted back to ICU. By tomorrow, we hope to get him off the ventilator. All in all, he is doing quite well," he added.

Asked whether he suffered a brain haemorrhage, the doctor said, "Unko thoda haemorrhage hua tha, which we’ve tackled. No surgery is required.

As concern over Khan's health mounted, his children, including superstar Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan, daughter Alvira, and sons-in-law Atul Agnihotri and Aayush Sharma, have been seen outside the hospital along with other well-wishers. His long-time partner Akhtar was also seen coming out of the hospital.

Khan, a household name in the 70s and 80s, turned 90 on November 24 last year. It was the day Dharmendra, the star of many of his films, including "Sholay", "Seeta aur Geeta" and "Yaadon Ki Baraat", passed away.

Hailing from an affluent family in Indore, Khan arrived in Mumbai in his 20s with dreams of stardom. He was good looking and confident he would make a mark in the industry as an actor. But that did not happen. And then, after struggling for close to a decade and getting confined to small roles in films, he changed lanes.

He worked as an assistant to Abrar Alvi and soon met Akhtar to form one of Hindi cinema's most formidable writing partnerships. They worked together on two dozen movies with most of them achieving blockbuster status.

Other than "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don", Khan and Akhtar also penned "Trishul", "Zanjeer", "Seeta Aur Geeta", "Haathi Mere Saathi", "Yaadon Ki Baarat" and "Mr India".