Virginia: Naresh Bhatt, a 37-year-old Virginia resident, has been charged with the murder of his wife, Mamta Bhatt, four months after her mysterious disappearance. Despite the absence of her body, investigators have linked Mamta's DNA to blood found in the couple’s home in Manassas, according to police and court documents.
A grand jury in Prince William County indicted Naresh on charges of murder and defiling a dead body. Authorities revealed that months before Mamta vanished, Naresh searched online for phrases like "how long does it take to get married after spouse die" and "what happens to debt when a spouse dies," as reported by the New York Post.
Police Chief Mario Lugo emphasized the strength of the case despite the absence of a body, stating, "From the beginning, we believed that she was murdered." He expressed confidence in the evidence collected, underscoring that the lack of a physical body would not weaken the prosecution.
Mamta Bhatt, a 28-year-old pediatric nurse, went missing in late July, sparking a community-wide effort to locate her. Her family in Nepal, along with local residents, organized social media campaigns, rallies, and community events to raise awareness and search for answers.
Naresh was initially charged with concealing a dead body just three weeks after Mamta’s disappearance and has remained in custody since then.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): Delhi Police has recovered 1,850 stolen and lost mobile phones worth around Rs 4 crore in past 40 days under "Mission Reconnect", an initiative aimed at returning phones to their rightful owners in outernorth Delhi, an official said on Saturday.
The recovered phones were traced from different parts of the country, including remote areas, through technical surveillance and sustained field operations, police said, adding that the devices were handed over to their owners during a programme at the Sports Ground, New Police Lines, Kingsway Camp.
The initiative focused on a victim-centric approach and aimed at strengthening public trust through proactive policing and coordinated efforts across states, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outernorth) Hareshwar Swami said.
As part of the programme, teams performed 'nukkad nataks' and screened awareness videos on cybercrime, drug abuse prevention, and senior citizen safety, sensitising the public about digital frauds and safety measures, officials said.
The initiative combines technology, investigation and community participation to ensure recovery of lost property and reconnect citizens with their valuables, they added.
