New Delhi (PTI): A 21-year-old man was killed and two others were injured during a clash between two groups in Delhi's Jaitpur area, police said on Friday.

According to the police, the incident occurred late Thursday night when the victims went to meet another group for a reconciliation meeting following a dispute over a social media post.

Police received a PCR call at 11.18 pm. Upon reaching a police team found three injured men and shifted them to hospital.

One of the victims, Krishna Sahu (21), sustained multiple stab injuries to the chest, shoulder and back. He was declared brought dead at the AIIMS Trauma Centre. Another victim, Sunny (21), suffered injuries to the abdomen and thigh and was undergoing treatment. The third victim, Prince (19), was discharged after receiving first aid for minor injuries.

Preliminary inquiry revealed that the clash triggered by a personal dispute between involving a mutual acquaintance. The conflict began when one of the accused, identified as Deepak, shared a post on social media directed at Prince, the police said.

While both sides had agreed to meet to resolve the matter amicably, a verbal altercation broke out during the meeting. The accused allegedly attacked the victims with knives before fleeing, they said.

Forensic experts and a crime team examined the spot and police analysed CCTV footage from the vicinity to identify the suspects.

Based on a technical analysis and local intelligence, police apprehended 24-year-old graphic designer Aashish and a 17-year-old juvenile, the police said. A case has been registered and further investigation is underway, they added.

The father of the deceased, Shiv Kumar, said his son left home with three friends around 10 pm after speaking on the phone. "We have no idea about what happened there. We want strict action against those who killed my son," Kumar said.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Mumbai (PTI): Veteran screenwriter Salim Khan suffered a brain haemorrhage which has been tackled, is on ventilator support as a safeguard and stable, doctors treating him said on Wednesday, a day after he was admitted to the Lilavati Hospital here.

The 90-year-old, one half of the celebrated Salim-Javed duo which scripted films such as "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don" with Javed Akhtar, is in the ICU and recovery might take some time given his age.

"His blood pressure was high for which we treated him and we had to put him on a ventilator because we wanted to do certain investigations. Now the ventilator was put as a safeguard so that his situation doesn't get worse. So it is not that he is critical," Dr Jalil Parkar told reporters.

"We did the investigations that were required and today we have done a small procedure on him, I will not go into the details. The procedure done is called DSA (digital subtraction angiography). The procedure has been accomplished, he is fine and stable and shifted back to ICU. By tomorrow, we hope to get him off the ventilator. All in all, he is doing quite well," he added.

Asked whether he suffered a brain haemorrhage, the doctor said, "Unko thoda haemorrhage hua tha, which we’ve tackled. No surgery is required.

As concern over Khan's health mounted, his children, including superstar Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan, daughter Alvira, and sons-in-law Atul Agnihotri and Aayush Sharma, have been seen outside the hospital along with other well-wishers. His long-time partner Akhtar was also seen coming out of the hospital.

Khan, a household name in the 70s and 80s, turned 90 on November 24 last year. It was the day Dharmendra, the star of many of his films, including "Sholay", "Seeta aur Geeta" and "Yaadon Ki Baraat", passed away.

Hailing from an affluent family in Indore, Khan arrived in Mumbai in his 20s with dreams of stardom. He was good looking and confident he would make a mark in the industry as an actor. But that did not happen. And then, after struggling for close to a decade and getting confined to small roles in films, he changed lanes.

He worked as an assistant to Abrar Alvi and soon met Akhtar to form one of Hindi cinema's most formidable writing partnerships. They worked together on two dozen movies with most of them achieving blockbuster status.

Other than "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don", Khan and Akhtar also penned "Trishul", "Zanjeer", "Seeta Aur Geeta", "Haathi Mere Saathi", "Yaadon Ki Baarat" and "Mr India".