Ahmedabad/Vadodara (PTI): As many as 34 schools in Ahmedabad and Vadodara in Gujarat received bomb threat emails on Monday, following which the campuses were evacuated, police said.
The mails turned out to be hoaxes as nothing suspicious was found in any of the 34 schools -- 17 each in Ahmedabad and Vadodara -- that received bomb threat emails from persons claiming to be supporters of Khalistan, officials said.
Search operations involving bomb detection and disposal squads (BDDS) were undertaken soon after the police were informed about it, they said.
Around 17 schools in Ahmedabad received bomb threat emails, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) (SOG) Rahul Tripathi said.
ALSO READ: Woman injured after man attacks her with knife in Delhi's Budh Vihar
"It turned out to be a hoax mail. BDDS and SOG teams carried out thorough checking in the campuses of these schools, and nothing suspicious was found," he said.
DCP (Crime), Vadodara, Himanshu Verma said as many as 17 schools in Vadodara received hoax bomb threat emails.
"We are carrying out analysis of the origin of the email. It was a short email with two-three lines expressing support to Khalistan, and threatening bomb blast at a given time. It was generic mail that was sent to all the schools in Vadodara," he said.
Some of the institutions targeted include DAV International School, Asia School, Ankur International School, Sant Kabir School in Ahmedabad, and D R Amin School, Urmi School, Baroda High School, and Don Bosco in Vadodara, according to police.
On January 23, several schools in Ahmedabad received similar emails of bomb threats, which later turned out to be a hoax.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Budaun (PTI): A six-year-old girl died after allegedly swallowing a bead of her bracelet at a private school in Uttar Pradesh's Budaun on Monday, police said.
The incident occurred at New Hopes Public School in Kakrala town, where Class I student Taapsi, reportedly swallowed a bead of a bracelet she was wearing in the classroom at around 11.30 am, officials said.
According to the school administration, the child experienced breathing difficulty following the incident. Her family members were informed and she was taken to a local community health centre.
She was later taken to the district headquarters and admitted to the district hospital, where doctors declared her dead.
The girl’s father Tekchandra demanded action against the school administration, claiming the family was informed after his daughter died.
School principal Bhooraj Singh said the student had arrived at school in normal condition. A classmate informed the teacher that the child had chewed and swallowed a bead of her bracelet, following which the school immediately alerted the family and arranged for medical assistance.
He added that CCTV footage from the classroom has been handed over to police and the school is cooperating with the investigation.
Alapur Station House Officer Madhav Singh Bisht said the school informed police about the incident. After receiving an information from the district hospital, police began inquest proceedings and preparations for a post-mortem examination.
He added that senior officials have been informed and a panel will conduct the autopsy.
According to the police, the CCTV footage has been collected from the school.
No formal complaint has been received from the family so far, and further legal action will be taken after due inquiry, the SHO said.
