Bengaluru (PTI): A joint operation by the Maharashtra Anti-Narcotics Task Force, the Bengaluru City Police and the Narcotics Control Bureau led to the arrest of four people in connection with the illicit manufacture and trafficking of mephedrone and related precursor materials, officials said on Monday.

In total, 4.2 kg of mephedrone valued at Rs 1.2 crore and 17 kg of precursor or raw material were seized, they said.

On December 21, Abdul Khader was detained in Mumbai by Maharashtra ANTF sleuths for allegedly possessing around 1.5 kg of mephedrone.

ALSO READ: Maharashtra cops bust ₹1.2 crore worth drugs in Bengaluru ahead of New Year

According to a statement from the Bengaluru Police Commissioner’s office, Khader’s interrogation led to the arrest of Prashanth Patil of Belagavi, who provided information about the source of the contraband, directing investigators to Bengaluru.

“Maharashtra ANTF, in coordination with the Bengaluru City Police and NCB officials, apprehended Suresh Yadav at Katakanahalli, under Yelahanka police station limits, and Malkhan Ramlal Bishnoi at Kannur, under Bagalur police station limits,” the statement said.

The joint operation resulted in the seizure of 4.2 kg of mephedrone from a house in Yerappanahalli village under Avalahalli police station limits, along with 17 kg of liquid raw material and other chemicals stocked for preparation. Barrels, mixers and other equipment were also seized, police said.

Another mixer was recovered from N Gollahalli under Kothanur police station limits. However, no functional laboratory or factory was found at any of the raided locations, it said.

Police further stated that raw material stocked at a carpenter shed in Kannur was also seized.

The Scene of Crime Officers (SOCO) team of the Bengaluru City Police analysed the seized material and submitted a preliminary report identifying chemicals such as 40 per cent methylamine, 48 per cent hydrobromic acid, aluminium chloride (anhydrous), sodium carbonate (anhydrous) and oxalic acid powder, it stated.

“We conducted tests on the finished 4.2 kg substance. The general test was positive for amphetamine, but specific tests for methamphetamine and MDMA were negative. It could be an impure substance,” the statement said.

The total seizure of drugs worth Rs 55 Crore was indicated by the Maharashtra police in its press briefing. However, the Bengaluru Police said that an official clarification regarding quantities seized and their total worth of the contraband is being sought from them to ascertain the purity of the material seized, based on which the total worth of the drugs seized can be quantified.

The joint operations were conducted between December 24 and 25. The accused were produced before the Devanahalli court on December 26, they added.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): The Delhi High Court on Friday asked Jaideep Sengar, brother of Unnao rape case convict Kuldeep Sengar, to surrender before jail authorities in connection with his conviction in the custodial death case of the survivor's father.

A bench of Justices Navin Chawla and Ravinder Dudeja was hearing a plea by the convict for further extension of interim bail upon suspension of the 10-year sentence.

It observed that the interim bail granted to Jaideep Sengar in July 2024 was last extended in April 2025 and since then, in spite of five dates, no order of any further extension or suspension of his sentence has been passed by the court.

As the senior counsel for Jaideep Sengar urged the bench to extend the period of his release on account of his health, the bench said, "You surrender and then we will see."

"Although there is no extension of interim suspension of sentence granted, we find he has still not surrendered. Before we proceed to consider his application for further extension of suspension of sentence, we require the appellant to first surrender," the bench ordered.

The senior counsel for Jaideep Sengar assured the court that he would surrender by Saturday.

The court listed the matter for hearing next week.

Jaideep Sengar, 50, sought the bail extension on the grounds that he is suffering from oral cancer.

The Central Bureau of Investigation's (CBI) counsel had earlier said it was not a fit case for extension of interim bail, and the prescription given by Jaideep Sengar in support of his plea was fabricated.

In his application, Jaideep Sengar said he was suffering from stage IV oral cancer, a life-threatening condition, and had developed clinical signs of recurrence.

The condition, the plea said, required continuous and specialised medical care.

The plea also informed that Jaideep Sengar has spent about four years in custody.

The high court had granted interim bail to Jaideep Sengar on July 3, 2024, for two months on medical grounds.

Kuldeep Sengar was convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for the remainder of his life on December 20, 2019, for raping the minor in 2017.

On March 13, 2020, Kuldeep Sengar, along with Jaideep Sengar, was sentenced to 10 years' rigorous imprisonment by the trial court, which also imposed a fine of Rs 10 lakh, in the custodial death case of the rape survivor's father.

The survivor's father was arrested, allegedly at the behest of the accused, under the Arms Act and died in custody on April 9, 2018, owing to police brutality.

The trial court said no leniency could be shown for killing a family's sole breadwinner.