New Delhi: A group of 62 Hindu spiritual leaders, under the banner of Satya Dharam Samvad (SDS), have strongly criticised the divisive rhetoric propagated by controversial priest Yati Narsinghanand during the ongoing "World Religion Convention," scheduled from December 17 to 21, 2024.

In their statement, the leaders condemned the Dharam Sansad event, calling it a deviation from the principles of Sanatan Dharma. They highlighted the dangers posed by provocative speeches targeting specific faiths, warning that such acts undermine Hinduism's spiritual sanctity and threaten the unity and harmony of the nation, which thrives on diversity and interfaith coexistence.

Signatories of the statement include representatives from the Lingayat Community, Varkari Sampraday, The Purple Pandit Project, Vishwanath Mandir, School of Bhagavat Gita, and Balkram Mandir. The leaders collectively urged society to reject hate speech and promote interfaith understanding.

“As guardians of Hinduism’s profound and inclusive legacy, we are deeply troubled by the growing misuse of religion to foster hatred, division, and violence within our society,” the statement read. It further condemned gatherings, actions, or words promoting hatred, asserting that such behaviour is contrary to Hindu values and teachings.

The leaders also expressed disapproval of the exploitation of religion for political or divisive agendas. They emphasised that Hinduism does not need to undermine other faiths to establish its strength, advocating for spiritual growth through introspection, compassion, and shared humanity.

The SDS called upon authorities to take decisive action against individuals manipulating religion for selfish or political purposes, ensuring justice and fairness prevail.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Mumbai, Apr 3 (PTI): A 50-year-old woman was duped of Rs 1.67 crore by online fraudsters who promised her high returns from share trading and IPO subscriptions, a police official said on Thursday.

The woman, who is freelance consultant living in Lokhandwala Complex in Kandivali East, was duped between February 2 and March 14 this year, he added.

"On Wednesday, she approached North Region Cyber Police Station and lodged a complaint, after which a case was registered against four unidentified fraudsters. The woman has told police she is active on various social media platforms, including Instagram. On February 2, she received an advertisement of share trading with a link on Instagram," he said.

"She clicked the link and was added to a WhatsApp group. The accused claimed to be working in one TradeSmart company involved in share trading, block trading and IPO subscriptions. She deposited Rs 1.67 crore but later realised she had been cheated. A case was registered under Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita and Information Technology Act," he added.