SRINAGAR: A nine-year-old girl was gang-raped allegedly by her stepbrother and his friends, who were instigated by her stepmother, in Kashmir's Baramulla. The child's eyes were gouged out and her body was burnt with acid before being dumped in a forest near her home in Uri, said the police, revealing details of an unspeakable crime.
The child's stepmother, 14-year-old stepbrother and three others have been arrested. The police call it an open-and-shut case. The decomposed body of the girl was found in the forest on Sunday last.
"We started investigation immediately," said Mir Imtiyaz Hussain, a senior police officer at Baramulla. A special team formed to investigate the murder uncovered a horrifying story of jealousy and revenge within a family.
"It was found that the stepmother had been nursing a grudge against the non-local wife of her husband, and her children," said Mr Hussain.
During interrogation, the girl's stepmother allegedly said her husband would spend more time with his second wife and the nine-year-old was closest to him among all his children.
The police said tension had been rising in the family.
"The woman conspired to kill her stepdaughter. She took her to the nearby jungle where she asked her 14-year-old son to rape the girl," the police officer said. "The girl was gang-raped at the instance of her stepmother and in her presence," Mr Hussain said.
The stepmother strangled the girl and her son struck her head with an axe, killing her on the spot, the police officer said.
"After that one of the accused went back home and brought acid in a bottle. A 19-year-old man gouged out her eyes with a sharp knife and poured acid on her body," Mr Hussain said.
The friends of the woman's son dumped the body in the bushes and covered it with pine twigs and branches. "The axe and knife have been recovered on information from the accused," the police officer said.
A plastic can containing acid has also been found. The police said they are building a watertight case.
courtesy : ndtv.com
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mathura(UP), Apr 5 (PTI): A retired Army colonel from Haryana has filed a police complaint here, alleging that he was held hostage, assaulted, looted and forced to participate in an "obscene video" at gunpoint with a woman he met through a matrimonial website, police said on Saturday.
The woman from Mathura, who was allegedly in on the plan to rob him, was working with other accomplices, the ex-armyman said in his complaint filed on Thursday.
According to Barsana Station House Officer (SHO) Raj Kamal Singh, Colonel Rajneesh Soni (retired), a resident of Gurugram, reported that he was contacted by a woman from Barsana on a matrimonial website in January. The woman allegedly agreed to marry him, and they began communicating.
The woman allegedly persuaded the colonel to visit Barsana on January 25, requesting that he visit the Radharani temple. When he arrived, she arranged for his stay at a guest house and took him on a tour of the area, including a visit to the temple, the complainant said.
After returning to the guest house, the woman and her accomplices allegedly told the colonel that her brother had been involved in an accident and they needed to leave immediately. They then led him to a waiting car.
"Once outside the town limits, the colonel alleges that he was attacked by the occupants of the car. They seized his phone, physically assaulted him, and forced him to contact relatives and friends to transfer money," the SHO said.
"He was then taken back to the guest house, where he was allegedly forced to participate in obscene videos and photographs at gunpoint. He was threatened that the videos would be made public if he reported the incident," the officer said.
The colonel has alleged that his purse, bag, gold chain, debit card and Rs. 12,000 in cash were stolen from the guest house.
After an unsuccessful attempt at locating the perpetrators himself, the colonel finally reported the incident to the Barsana police two days ago, he said.
"A case has been registered under relevant sections of the BNS and all facts are being investigated. Further action will be taken as per facts found in the investigation," the SHO said.