New Delhi (PTI): The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Tuesday rejected the dismissal of the Delhi government's claim that school teachers had been roped in to handle matters related to stray dogs in the city, hours after a minister rubbished the party's allegation as "misinformation".

Earlier in the day, Delhi Education Minister Ashish Sood alleged that the AAP leaders have been spreading misinformation on social media, claiming that teachers were being diverted from their academic responsibilities for non-teaching duties.

Addressing a press conference, AAP MLA Sanjeev Jha said, "Today, Ashish Sood released a video accusing the AAP of spreading lies, but the Directorate of Education released an order asking teachers to be deployed for matters related to stray dogs.”

“He is saying that there is nothing like that. Either he is not aware of what is happening in his department, or he is spreading lies," Jha said.

The AAP MLA also alleged that the BJP was not able to handle the education system in Delhi.

"Before 2015, teachers were deployed for other things, but after our government came to power, Manish Sisodia (who was the education minister) understood the pain of teachers. Sisodia has left behind a legacy in terms of shaping the education system, and these people are not able to handle it," he said.

ALSO READ:  Congress and NCP (SP) to contest separately in Nagpur civic polls

"Earlier, there were news reports about teachers being sent to foreign countries for training or how Arvind Kejriwal was protesting against the Lieutenant Governor over his refusal to send teachers to Finland. But now stories are being printed about teachers being deployed to monitor stray dogs," he said.

Kumar demanded that the BJP government withdraw the order.

"Such orders are also being issued in Haryana. But there is a strong opposition party here in Delhi. We are standing with teachers," he added.

The Directorate of Education directed schools in the national capital to appoint nodal officers to handle matters related to stray dogs around their educational institutions, in compliance with a Supreme Court order over the issue, but no such specific role has been assigned to teachers.

In an official statement issued on Monday, the directorate clarified, "No directions have been issued by the Directorate of Education concerning the assignment of specific duties to teachers."

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bagalkote (Karnataka) (PTI): Tension prevailed briefly during a Shivaji Jayanti procession here after stones were allegedly hurled at the rally, officials said on Friday.

The incident occurred on Thursday in the old city when the procession, which began around 3:30 pm, was passing through the mosque area, they said.

Superintendent of Police Siddharth Goyal said adequate forces were deployed for the procession.

ALSO READ:  Netherlands PM Dick Schoof visits Bengaluru

"We were all present at the spot. The procession began around 3:30 PM (yesterday), As it approached the mosque, two stones were thrown from a distance toward us,” he said.

According to the SP, based on preliminary information and videos reviewed by the police so far, one stone struck a police constable while the other fell on his shoulder.

“No one sustained any major injuries. After that, the procession continued smoothly, and the atmosphere remained peaceful,” Goyal said.

Police said adequate security arrangements have been made in view of the procession and the situation remained under control.

"The area where the incident occurred has been covered with CCTV cameras. We had also recorded the procession. We are reviewing the video footages. Strict action will be taken against those involved in this," he added.

Meanwhile, prohibitory orders under Section 163 of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita have been imposed in parts of Bagalkote from midnight of February 19 to midnight of February 24.

According to officials, under the restrictions, assembly of more than four people in public places has been prohibited. Carrying dangerous weapons, engaging in activities that may endanger public safety, and organising meetings, ceremonies or sit-ins without prior permission have also been barred.

Measures were taken to maintain law and order in the affected areas.