KOLKATA: Ahead of BJP president Amit Shah's rally in Kolkata today, the Trinamool Congress has launched a 'poster war' against the BJP to protest against the National Register of Citizens exercise in Assam. Posters with 'Anti-Bengal BJP Go Back' written on them could be seen in and around Mayo road, the venue where Mr Shah's rally is scheduled to be held.

The Trinamool Congress has declared a state-wide protest against the National Register of Citizens in Assam, except in Kolkata. The BJP has labelled the protest an attempt to sabotage Mr Shah's rally.

Earlier, some reports emerged that the Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee-led West Bengal government had denied permission to the BJP to hold Mr Shah's rally, but later Kolkata Police granted the permissions.

Mr Shah had earlier said that he would not only go to Kolkata but is even prepared to get arrested. Mr Shah had said, "It does not matter whether I get permission or not, I will definitely go to Kolkata. If the state government wants, it can arrest me."

The BJP and the Opposition has been undergoing a confrontation over the release of the National Register of Citizens draft list in Assam on July 30, which has left out nearly 40 lakh people in Assam while incorporating names of 2.89 crore people out of 3.29 crore applicants.

Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has been consistently disapproving the latest NRC draft. She has accused the BJP of conspiracy against minorities.

Mr Shah's Kolkata visit aims at expanding the party's base in the state. In 2014, it had won just two seats from Bengal and hopes to improve its tally in 2019. The BJP chief has handed his party an ambitious target of 50 per cent Lok Sabha seats in the state.

The the political temperature in Bengal has been shooting up over Assam's citizens' list, more so after Bengal chief minister controversially claimed that it could trigger violence, even civil war. Mr Shah had promptly hit back, insisting that his government would ensure that the court verdict on the citizens' scheme was implemented down to the last "full stop and comma".

courtesy : ndtv.com

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Mumbai: Ahead of the IPL 2025 clash between Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bengaluru, RCB star batter Virat Kohli opened up about his long-standing bond with Rohit Sharma. Despite past media rumours of a rift between the two, Kohli reaffirmed the mutual respect and strong professional relationship they share.

In a conversation on the RCB channel, Kohli said, “Playing alongside someone for such a long time naturally leads to a strong bond, especially when you share so much of your understanding of the game. In the early years, we were constantly learning from each other and growing in our careers simultaneously.”

He further added that over the years, they had built trust and often found themselves on the same page while making decisions in leadership roles. “Reflecting on our long careers, we are both grateful and proud of the journey we've shared. The consistency and memories we’ve built together have been incredibly fulfilling,” he said.

Kohli and Rohit have played crucial roles in Indian cricket’s success over the past 15 years. While rumours of discord often emerged, both have consistently denied them and maintained professionalism on and off the field.

Meanwhile, Mumbai Indians will aim to register their second win of the season as they host RCB at the Wankhede Stadium. Led by Hardik Pandya, MI have so far won just one out of their four matches, while RCB have two victories in three games.