Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar's mother has expressed her wish for the reunion of her son with his uncle, Sharad Pawar, amidst rising speculation about a possible reconciliation between the two leaders. Ashatai Pawar, speaking to the media in Pandharpur after offering prayers at the Vitthal-Rukmini temple, prayed for an end to the political rift within the Pawar family.
"I prayed that all the grievances within the Pawar family should end, and Ajit and Sharad Pawar come together again. I hope my prayers will be granted," Ashatai Pawar stated.
The renewed speculation about their potential reconciliation began after Ajit Pawar made an unscheduled visit to Sharad Pawar’s residence in Delhi on December 12 to wish him on his birthday. This visit came more than a month after the Maharashtra Assembly elections, which had left Sharad Pawar's faction of the NCP facing a major crisis.
Ajit Pawar’s faction managed to secure 41 seats in the Assembly elections, marking a dramatic recovery, while Sharad Pawar's faction won only 10 seats. Since the split in the NCP following Ajit Pawar's rebellion in 2023, political leaders within the party have called for a reunion, emphasising the respect for Sharad Pawar despite differing political alignments.
Praful Patel, adding to the growing calls for unity, expressed his admiration for Sharad Pawar, saying, “Sharad Pawar has always been like a father to us. Although we have taken a different political stand, we have always respected Sharad Pawar greatly. If the Pawar family reunites, we would be very happy… I consider myself a part of the Pawar family."
Maharashtra Minister Narhari Zirwal also voiced support for a potential reunion, stating that it would benefit the party and its workers. “We feel distressed (due to the split in the NCP), as we hold Sharad Pawar in great respect,” Zirwal said.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Kalaburagi (Karnataka), Apr 3 (PTI): A 45-year-old man allegedly murdered his wife and two children before hanging himself at their apartment in Kalaburagi on the evening of April 2, police said on Thursday.
The incident occurred at Gabre Layout, near Old Jewargi Road, under Station Bazar police station limits.
The deceased have been identified as Santosh, a Senior Assistant at the Gulbarga Electricity Supply Company Limited (GESCOM), his wife and their two sons, police said.
According to police, the woman and the two children were "strangled to death", while Santosh died by suicide.
A death note was also recovered from the scene.
"Preliminary information suggests the couple had been married for 10 years and frequently fought. They had severed ties with their family for the past seven years. The death note mentions frequent misunderstandings and quarrels between them as the reason," Police Commissioner Sharanappa S D said.
Speaking to reporters, he stated, "We have registered a murder case. The Scene of Crime Officer (SOCO) team, Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL), and fingerprint experts have inspected the site. The exact timing of the incident is yet to be determined, but it likely occurred between 6-8 pm."
According to the police, after taking the lives of his wife and children, Santosh called a member of his wife's family, informing them about the incident and indicating that he intended to end his own life.
"The family member tried to dissuade him from ending his life, but in vain. When they arrived, the door was locked from the inside. Upon breaking it open, they discovered the bodies," police said, adding that further investigation is underway.