Jaipur (PTI): The Anjuman Khuddam Syedzadgan, representing the khadims (caretakers) of the Ajmer Sharif Dargah, on Saturday condemned the purported incidents of violence against religious minorities in Bangladesh and India, calling for peace, justice and accountability.

In a message issued on the culmination of the annual Urs (death anniversary) of Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti, the Anjuman expressed concern over reports of targeted attacks on Hindus in Bangladesh, including the killing of Dipu Chandra Das in Mymensingh district earlier this month.

"Such acts of hatred, irrespective of the victim's faith, violate every principle of humanity and religion," said Syed Sarwar Chishty, hereditary khadim and secretary of the Anjuman.

The Anjuman urged religious leaders and dargah caretakers across India to raise a united moral voice against atrocities and appealed to Muslims to register peaceful protest against violence targeting minorities. It also called upon the Bangladesh government to ensure the safety of minorities and bring perpetrators to justice

ALSO READ: Jaideep Ahlawat replaces Akshaye Khanna in ‘Drishyam 3’; legal notice sent to ‘Dhurandhar’ star

The Anjuman further voiced concern over rising incidents of violence against religious minorities in India, referring to the alleged lynching of a man in Bihar and vandalism during Christmas celebrations in parts of the country.

"When citizens are targeted because of their faith, the foundation of the Republic is shaken," the statement said, urging authorities to act with zero tolerance.

Reaffirming its commitment to interfaith harmony, the Anjuman said peace and justice must guide all societies.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Gandhinagar (PTI): The Gujarat government on Friday announced it plans to amend rules framed under the Gujarat Registration of Marriages Act, saying the move is aimed at plugging loopholes in the existing system.

Speaking in the assembly, Deputy Chief Minister Harsh Sanghavi stressed the need for new norms, alleging that “innocent girls are being trapped” and such practices were spreading “like termites” in society.

He said several people and social organisations had urged the government to amend the marriage registration rules to prevent misuse of procedural gaps.

Referring to what he termed “love jihad”, Sanghavi said it amounted to a “cultural invasion” and asserted that the BJP government could no longer ignore the issue. He said the amendments are aimed at strengthening safeguards in the registration process.

ALSO READ:  Delhi HC asks Jaideep Sengar to surrender in Unnao custodial death case

He said objections and suggestions on the proposed amendments are now invited from the public for 30 days.

“People and organisations can register their suggestions and objections on the Health and Family Welfare Department’s website. The new rules will be implemented after considering these suggestions and objections received by the department,” he said.

Later, the minister’s office shared a document detailing the proposed procedure for marriage registration under the amended rules.

As per the proposed rules, every marriage registration application will need to be submitted before the Assistant Registrar, while applicants must attach a declaration stating whether the bride and groom have informed their parents about the marriage.

Moreover, the bride and groom will have to provide the names, addresses, Aadhaar and contact details of their parents in the application.

The parents of the bride and groom will be informed within ten working days as soon as the Assistant Registrar is satisfied, according to the proposed rules.

The Assistant Registrar will forward the application to the Registrar of the district or taluka concerned. The marriage will be registered 30 days after the Registrar is satisfied that the requirements specified in sub-rules have been met.

The Registrar will upload all these details to an online portal to be created by the government, say the proposed rules.

AAP MLA Hemant Ahir, who had on Thursday introduced a private member's Bill in this regard, and BJP MLA Lavingji Thakor congratulated the deputy CM in the House, saying the proposed changes were the need of the hour.

They said innocent girls were being lured by anti-social elements who exploited loopholes in the existing system to solemnise and register marriages.