Faridabad (PTI): Cow vigilante Bittu Bajrangi was allegedly duped of Rs 30,000 by a man on the pretext of arranging his marriage, police said on Friday.
They said an FIR has been registered against the accused and his associates based on a complaint by Bajrangi, an accused in the 2023 Nuh communal riots.
According to the complaint, Bajrangi told the accused, Bunty, a relative of his neighbour, that he wanted to get married and that he should let him know if he knew of a suitable match.
Bunty introduced Bajrangi to a woman named Rani. After this, Bunty and Rani invited Bajrangi thrice to Aligarh to meet prospective matches, but he did not like any of them.
Bunty then sent Bajrangi a photo of a young woman that he liked. On September 5, 2025, Bunty and Rani visited Bajrangi's house with the woman and her family, and the wedding was fixed for February 7, the complainant alleged.
As promised, Bajrangi transferred Rs 30,000 to the accused on February 6 to buy clothes for the bride-to-be. When he reached Aligarh with his wedding procession, the accused were nowhere to be found and had switched off their mobile phones, the complaint stated.
"When I called the bride, she stated that she knew nothing about the wedding and I had to return empty-handed," Bajrangi said in his complaint.
As part of the agreement between Bajrangi and the accused persons, he was to pay them Rs 1.20 lakh for the wedding arrangements, a senior police officer said.
Based on the complaint, an FIR has been registered against Bunty, Rani and others at Saran police station here under relevant sections of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita and a probe is underway, the officer said.
A neighbour of Bajrangi said preparations were underway at his house to welcome the new bride, but in the end, everything fell apart.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Prayagraj (UP) (PTI): A special POCSO court here on Saturday ordered the Jhunsi Police Station SHO to register an FIR against Swami Avimukteshwaranand Saraswati to investigate allegations of sexual abuse of boys.
Last week, the court of Special Judge (POCSO Act) Vinod Kumar Chaurasia reserved its decision on an application filed by Ashutosh Brahmachari Maharaj and others under Section 173(4) of the BNS after examining the evidence and recording the statements of the victimised 'batooks', the boys, as they are called at the ashram, Vidya Math.
The petitioner had filed the application seeking direction for an FIR against Avimukteshwaranand under sections 69, 74, 75, 76, 79, and 109 (all related to sexual assault) of the BNS, as well as sections 3/5/9 and 17 of the POCSO Act.
The court accepted the petition and ordered the police to conduct an investigation.
"Now we will get justice," Ashutosh Brahmachari said.
"Starting today, we are organising a Sanatan Yatra from here to Vidya Math (Varanasi). We will demonstrate how children are sexually abused on the fifth floor of Vidya Math. There is ample evidence of child abuse there. We have presented all the evidence to the court and will also provide it to the police," he said.
Avimukteshwarananda has been in the headlines for his confrontation with the organisers of the Magh Mela in Prayagraj. He accused the administration he was prevented from bathing on Mauni Amavasya.
