Malappuram (Kerala) (PTI): Kerala police on Friday found a corpse stuffed in two trolley bags suspected to be that of a missing restaurant owner from Kozhikode district.

Police said the body of Siddique (58) was found in a gorge along the Attappady ghat road and three suspects have been taken into custody.

Malappuram Superintendent of Police S Sujith Das told the media that the hotel owner is suspected to have been murdered by one Shibili, a former employee of his hotel, and Sharfana, a female friend of the accused.

"We suspect that Shibili and his female friend Sharfana are involved in this. They were absconding, but were detained in Chennai with the help of Railway police. Our team has reached there and they will be brought here soon," he said.

Siddique had been missing from Kozhikode since May 18 and his family had lodged a complaint with the police.

The police officer said the information about the body was found from the statement of a third person under custody, who is another friend of Shibili.

"As per our preliminary investigation, the death happened between May 18 and 19. Hence, the body is estimated to be around seven days old. It seems like the murder happened due to some personal issues," police said.

The district police chief said the details of the murder and the motive behind it will be revealed only after the post-mortem and the interrogation of the accused.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Rajkot (PTI): Main markets in Gujarat's Rajkot city wore a deserted look and various other establishments remained closed on Tuesday as a bandh was observed to mark one month of the fire tragedy at a game zone which claimed 27 lives.

Schools, colleges, tuition centres, gold and jewellery markets and other commercial establishments also remained shut to support the 'Rajkot bandh' called by the opposition Congress.

Several commercial associations supported the Congress' bandh call by announcing closure of their businesses for the day.

Police personnel were deployed at different places in the city and patrolling was intensified as part of the security arrangements to avoid any untoward incident.

Congress MLA Jignesh Mevani, state party president Shaktisinh Gohil and other local leaders came out in different areas of Rajkot to thank businessmen for their support in making the bandh "successful".

The Congress gave the call for a half-day bandh on Tuesday, to remember those who lost their lives in the fire tragedy at the TRP game zone in Rajkot on May 25 and to demand a higher compensation to the kin of the deceased.

It has also demanded justice to the families of the deceased and a fair probe into the incident by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) formed by the state government.

Family members of the victims had also appealed for the bandh. Relatives of some of the fire tragedy victims interacted with Congress MP Rahul Gandhi through video conference on June 22.

Twenty seven persons, including children, were charred to death in the massive fire which gutted the game zone on May 25.

Following the incident, the state government formed the SIT under Additional Director General of Police Subhash Trivedi to find out the causes of fire, loopholes in the system and to suggest steps to be taken to prevent such incidents in the future.

As many as 15 persons have been arrested so far in connection with the fire tragedy, including five owners of the game zone and some senior officials from the Rajkot Municipal Corporation (RMC).

A police investigation indicated the game zone was running without a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the RMC's fire department.

On June 15, Congress workers organised a protest gathering outside the city police commissioner's office.