NEW DELHI, Sept 10: The Bombay high court on Monday dismissed the appeals challenging the discharge of several Gujarat and Rajasthan senior police officers, including DG Vanzara, as accused parties in the allegedly fake encounters of Sohrabuddin Shaikh, his wife and an aide.
According to the CBI, Shaikh, and his wife Kausarbi, were killed in an allegedly fake encounter in November 2005, while their aide Tulsiram Prajapati was killed similarly around a year later, through an alleged conspiracy by Gujarat and Rajasthan police. The court was hearing five revision applications challenging the discharge granted in the case by a trial court to Gujarat IPS officer Rajkumar Pandian, former Gujarat ATS chief D Vanzara, Gujarat police officer N K Amin, Rajasthan cadre IPS officer Dinesh M N and Rajasthan police constable Dalpat Singh Rathod.
Sohrabuddin's brother Rubabuddin Shaikh had filed three of these five pleas, challenging the discharge granted in the case by the trial court to Pandian, Dinesh and Vanzara. The remaining two pleas were filed by the CBI challenging the discharge granted to Amin and Rathod.
The CBI had booked these five officials, along with 33 other people, as accused in the "fake" encounters of Shaikh and his wife in November 2005 and Prajapati in December 2006.
The Gujarat Police had then claimed Sohrabuddin had terror links.
Between 2014 and 2017, a special court in Mumbai, where the case was moved to from Gujarat following a Supreme Court order, discharged 15 of these 38 accused. Those discharged included 14 police officials and BJP president Amit Shah. As per the CBI charge sheet, Sohrabuddin, a suspected gangster based in Gujarat, and his wife, were abducted by officers of the Gujarat ATS and the Rajasthan Police from near Hyderabad and killed in a fake encounter in November 2005.
Prajapati, an eye-witness to these killings, was shot dead in another staged encounter in December 2006 by some Rajasthan Police officials at the behest of the Gujarat and Rajasthan officers, who had been involved in the killing of the husband-wife duo, the CBI had claimed.
The encounter cases of Sohrabuddin Shaikh and his wife, and Prajapati were clubbed together in 2013 after the apex court directed that the trial be shifted to Mumbai from Gujarat.
Courtesy: timesofindia
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Tiruvannamalai (Tamil Nadu), Apr 4 (PTI): A nutritious meal cook and another person were arrested by the police on Friday for thrashing a class V student with broom, here, after the child demanded egg, the state government said.
A video of the purported incident has gone viral, where the boy is seen being beaten up with a broom by the two.
Social Welfare and Women Rights Minister, P Geetha Jeevan, made it clear the Stalin-led government will not tolerate any act of violence against children.
In a social media update, Jeevan said the incident happened at a primary school in Polur union in the district where the cook Lakshmi and an assistant, Muniammal "beat up a student who asked for an egg as part of the nutritious meal."
They were suspended on April 3 and later, criminal action was initiated against them and the two were arrested, she said.
A state government release said an enquiry was initiated following the viral video and after departmental action, the two women were booked under relevant sections of BNS and the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 and subsequently arrested.
திருவண்ணாமலை அரசு துவக்க பள்ளியில் சத்துணவு போடும்போது முட்டையை கேட்ட மாணவனை துடைப்பு கட்டையில் அடிக்கும் சத்துணவு ஊழியர்.... தயவு செய்து நடவடிக்கை எடுக்க வேண்டும். @Anbil_Mahesh pic.twitter.com/p51p12jkeb
— தங்க.காளிப்பாண்டி (@sureshkalipandi) April 4, 2025