New Delhi (PTI): BookMyShow on Wednesday cancelled Punjabi- Canadian singer Shubhneet Singh's India tour after the ticket booking app faced a boycott call on social media for hosting a singer who is allegedly a Khalistani sympathiser.

In a post on X, formerly known as Twitter, BookMyShow said it will do a complete refund of the tickets within 7-10 days.

"Singer Shubhneet Singh's Still Rollin Tour for India stands cancelled. To that end, BookMyShow has initiated a complete refund of the ticket amount for all consumers who had purchased tickets for the show. The refund will be reflected within 7-10 working days in the customer's source account of the original transaction," it said.

Earlier in the day, a #UninstallBookMyShow was trending on X with some calling Shubh, as the singer is popularly known as, a 'Khalistani' and supporter of separatist leaders.

This followed a diplomatic row between India and Canada that saw each expelling a senior diplomat. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau alleged New Delhi's hand in the killing of Sikh separatist leader Hardeep Singh Nijjar, 45, in British Columbia in June this year. India quickly dismissed Canada's assertion as absurd.

The row has worsened the already poor relations between the two countries and thrown cold water on trade talks, which have been paused.

Shubh is an upcoming Punjabi rapper who rose to fame due to the large number of streams on Instagram reels of his song 'Still Rollin'. He released his first breakout single 'We Rollin' in 2021 and as of 2023, it has reached more than 201 million views on YouTube.

He recently released his debut album 'Still Rollin' and announced his first-ever India tour starring in 10 different cities and a cruise this year.

BookMyShow was a sponsor of the Indian tour.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Chikkamagaluru: Around 150 families from the Shillekytha fishing community (Scheduled Caste) in Menasuru Ravuru Camp, located near the backwaters of the Bhadra River in NR Pura Taluk, have reportedly been living without a burial ground for nearly two decades.

As a result, they are forced to bury their dead in an islet located a few kilometers away, often using traditional coracles to transport the bodies for the last rites, as reported by The New Indian Express on Friday.

One community member shared the struggles they face, particularly during the monsoon season. “We find water as we start digging a pit. We cover the pit with leaves to prevent water from seeping in before burying the body there,” TNIE quoted him as saying.

During summer months, when the Bhadra backwaters recede, the community members resort to burying bodies along the shore. However, even these temporary solutions come with their own challenges. In some cases, families have had to reuse burial spots where previous bodies were laid to rest.

Repeated appeals to local authorities, including the gram panchayat, taluk administration, local MLA, and other elected representatives, for a burial ground, housing, electricity, and other basic amenities have reportedly gone unanswered.

Meanwhile, a local leader stated that the members of the Shillekytha fishing community are nomads, frequently moving from place to place. He added that this nomadic lifestyle is the reason why the community has been deprived of basic amenities, including access to a burial ground and essential services.