Patna: Contrary to the claims of some BJP leaders, Bihar Police chief K.S. Dwivedi on Monday said father of a BJP worker was killed in Darbhanga district over a land dispute and not over naming of a square after Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Dwivedi told the media: "The killing of father of a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) worker has nothing to do with naming of the square after Prime Minister Modi."
Over the last three days, Bihar BJP chief Nityanand Rai, Union Minister Giriraj Singh and Bihar Minister Nand Kishore Yadav had repeatedly claimed that the man was killed last week over naming of the square -- located on the outskirts of Darbhanga city -- after the Prime Minister.
Interestingly, Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said: "Totally false that murder in Darbhanga took place over naming of sqaure after the Prime Minister. It was a case of land dispute. The board had been put up long back... Murder has nothing to do with it."
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Chandigarh (PTI): Some schools in Punjab's Mohali received bomb threat emails on Tuesday, which also mentioned Fortis Hospital, prompting police to launch search operation, officials said.
"The bomb threat to schools also mentioned the Fortis Hospital in Mohali, where we conducted anti-sabotage checks. Non-essential services were kept on hold while essential services continued," a senior police official said in Mohali.
He said the police were conducting checks in the schools.
Security had already been strengthened in and around Fortis hospital in Mohali after Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann was admitted there. Chief Minister Mann was re-admitted in the hospital on Monday evening, hours after he was discharged from the health facility. Mann was admitted again after he experienced exhaustion, said sources.
On Wednesday, sixteen private schools in Mohali had received bomb threat emails, triggering evacuation and prompting detailed anti-sabotage checks by police.
However, after detailed inspection, no suspicious or explosive material was found at any of the locations.
The latest scare comes close on the heels of similar threats in Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala and Haryana schools. All threats turned out to be hoaxes.
