New Delhi (PTI): Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has granted a special exemption for using loudspeakers till midnight during Ramleela and Durga Puja celebrations, the Delhi CMO said in a statement on Friday.
The file of the chief minister's approval to use loudspeakers till midnight during the festivals has been sent for Lieutenant Governor V K Saxena's nod, the statement said, adding that Ramleela organisers must get permission from the police to ensure that the use of loudspeakers does not violate noise levels in residential areas.
The move comes a day after Kejriwal met a delegation of Luv Kush Ramleela Committee office bearers. In the meeting, Kejriwal was requested by the Ramleela committees to extend the time limit for the use of loudspeakers.
The Chief Minister's Office (CMO), in a statement, said, "Loudspeakers will be used during the late-night Ramlila performances." The DDMA's previous directive imposing a ban on the use of loudspeakers after 10 pm has been suspended until further orders, it said.
The statement said the chief minister is committed to ensuring that religious events like Ramleela, Durga Puja, and Dussehra are celebrated with grandeur and convenience.
"In view of this, the chief minister has granted permission for the use of loudspeakers until midnight during Ramleela, Durga Puja and Dussehra celebrations. Previously, loudspeakers were allowed only till 10 pm," it said.
Every year, grand Ramleela performances take place in various parts of Delhi with much fanfare. Additionally, Durga Puja is also celebrated on a large scale. At most places, Ramleela performances continue till midnight.
The exemption on the use of loudspeakers granted by the Chief Minister includes a strong emphasis on adhering to COVID-19 guidelines, such as wearing masks, maintaining social distancing, hand hygiene, and ventilation in enclosed spaces, when granting permission for any event, the statement said.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi, Dec 11: India has described as "fake" and "completely fabricated" a media report claiming that a "secret memo" was issued by New Delhi in April to take "concrete" measures against certain Sikh separatists, including Hardeep Singh Nijjar.
Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said on Sunday that the report is part of a "sustained disinformation campaign" against India and the outlet that published it is known for propagating "fake narratives" peddled by Pakistani intelligence.
The report was published by online American media outlet "The Intercept".
"We strongly assert that such reports are fake and completely fabricated. There is no such memo," Bagchi said.
"This is part of a sustained disinformation campaign against India. The outlet in question is known for propagating fake narratives peddled by Pakistani intelligence. The posts of the authors confirm this linkage," he added.
"Those who amplify such fake news do so only at the cost of their own credibility," Bagchi said, responding to media queries on the report.
In September, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau levelled the allegation of "potential" involvement of Indian agents in the killing of Khalistani extremist Nijjar on Canadian soil on June 18.
India strongly dismissed the charges, terming them "absurd".
"The Intercept", in its report, claimed that the Indian government issued instructions on a "crackdown scheme" against certain Sikh entities in western countries.
It further claimed that the secret memorandum issued by the MEA in April lists several "Sikh dissidents under investigation by India's intelligence agencies, including the Canadian citizen, Hardeep Singh Nijjar".