New Delhi (PTI): A Delhi Motor Accident Claims Tribunal has awarded Rs 94.69 lakh as compensation to the family of a 49-year-old security guard who died after being hit by a bus in November 2023.
Presiding Officer Harun Pratap was hearing a claim petition filed by the family of the deceased, Jitender, who lost his life after a bus hit him while he was waiting near the Bank Colony bus stand on November 22, 2023.
In an order dated February 11, the tribunal said, "In view of the findings on the aforesaid issues, the petitioners are hereby awarded a sum of Rs 94,69,389 along with interest at 8 per cent per annum from the date of filing of DAR (Detailed Accident Report) petition till its deposition by the R3 (insurance company)".
ALSO READ: VHP slams Karnataka minister Priyank Kharge for 'money laundering' comment on RSS
Jitender was waiting for a bus when an electric bus allegedly came at high speed and hit him. The tribunal noted that the accident happened due to the rash and negligent driving of the offending vehicle by the bus driver and caused fatal injuries to the deceased.
"The petitioners, being the dependents (deceased family members) are entitled to compensation in this case as their status as dependents of the deceased has neither been denied nor disputed in any manner by the respondents during the entire proceedings," the tribunal said.
The driver and owner of the bus denied negligence and claimed that the deceased had suddenly come in front of the vehicle after jumping a red light.
However, the tribunal noted that no evidence was presented by the respondents to substantiate this claim. It then awarded Rs 94.69 lakh as compensation to the family of the deceased under various heads.
The tribunal noted that the bus was insured at the time of the accident, so it directed the insurance company to pay the compensation to the deceased's family.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Budaun (PTI): A six-year-old girl died after allegedly swallowing a bead of her bracelet at a private school in Uttar Pradesh's Budaun on Monday, police said.
The incident occurred at New Hopes Public School in Kakrala town, where Class I student Taapsi, reportedly swallowed a bead of a bracelet she was wearing in the classroom at around 11.30 am, officials said.
According to the school administration, the child experienced breathing difficulty following the incident. Her family members were informed and she was taken to a local community health centre.
She was later taken to the district headquarters and admitted to the district hospital, where doctors declared her dead.
The girl’s father Tekchandra demanded action against the school administration, claiming the family was informed after his daughter died.
School principal Bhooraj Singh said the student had arrived at school in normal condition. A classmate informed the teacher that the child had chewed and swallowed a bead of her bracelet, following which the school immediately alerted the family and arranged for medical assistance.
He added that CCTV footage from the classroom has been handed over to police and the school is cooperating with the investigation.
Alapur Station House Officer Madhav Singh Bisht said the school informed police about the incident. After receiving an information from the district hospital, police began inquest proceedings and preparations for a post-mortem examination.
He added that senior officials have been informed and a panel will conduct the autopsy.
According to the police, the CCTV footage has been collected from the school.
No formal complaint has been received from the family so far, and further legal action will be taken after due inquiry, the SHO said.
