Raipur: Police in Raipur have registered a first information report (FIR) against more than 30 unidentified persons in connection with the vandalism of Christmas decorations at Magneto Mall in the state capital of Chhattisgarh.
According to police officials, the incident occurred after a group objected to the Christmas decorations installed inside the shopping mall. The group allegedly entered the premises, damaged the decorations and created panic among shoppers. Following a complaint from the mall management, Telibandha police registered a case on charges related to vandalism and disturbance of public peace.
A senior police officer said CCTV footage from the mall and other available evidence are being examined to identify those involved. “We are identifying the accused with the help of CCTV footage and other evidence. Strict action will be taken against anyone found disturbing law and order or damaging public property,” the officer said.
ALSO READ: Christmas carol clash leaves several injured in Kerala''s Alappuzha
The incident took place against the backdrop of a state-wide bandh called by Hindutva-affiliated organisations in Chhattisgarh, protesting alleged religious conversions and recent incidents of violence in Kanker district. The bandh had a visible impact across several districts, with reports of shops being forced to close in parts of Raipur.
In the state capital, groups carrying sticks were seen moving through market areas and pressuring shopkeepers to shut down their establishments. Similar incidents were reported from Korba district, where bandh supporters gathered at major junctions and closed shops in areas such as Niharika Ghantaghar, Subhash Chowk, Kosabari and TP Nagar.
'What is your caste?': Mobs with rods, hockey sticks vandalise #Raipur mall, damage #Christmas decorations; losses worth lakhs
— The Times Of India (@timesofindia) December 25, 2025
More details 🔗 https://t.co/uaFYQRsH0m pic.twitter.com/BgI9Yt2CCG
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Ahmedabad (PTI): All that Abhishek Sharma needs is a start, but there hasn't been any discussion about the talented opener's wretched run in the T20 World Cup so far, bowling coach Morne Morkel said ahead of India's first Super Eights game against South Africa here on Sunday.
Abhishek is yet to open his account in the current edition of the tournament and during Friday's training, he was seen spending considerable time with head coach Gautam Gambhir.
Gambhir was seen trying to explain to him certain finer points and like a diligent student, the flamboyant southpaw nodded in agreement.
After that he went for a high catch session.
At times, excess training can prove to be counter productive and Abhishek was seen bowling to the other batters for better part of the game.
When asked if there's discussion in general within the team on Abhishek, Morkel denied emphatically.
"Absolutely no discussion. He's a world class player. So far in the tournament, luckily, there's been some guys standing up for Abhishek (others scoring runs)," Morkel told the media.
However, he agreed that Abhishek needs to score runs as they enter the business end of the tourney.
"But we're going through a very important phase of the World Cup now and we expect him to do well.
"And I'm pretty sure, not just for the team, but also for all the viewers watching the game. Because he's (Abhishek) entertaining, and we love to see that.
"So yeah, I'm pretty sure he's hitting the ball well. It's just a matter of getting that start and Abhishek will get going," Morkel said.
