Hyderabad: Nearly a week after the 35-year-old wife of a former Army man was reported missing, the husband confessed before Meerpet Police that he had hacked his wife to death, boiled parts of the body in a pressure cooker and dumped the parts in various places, including the nearby lake.

The victim Venkata Madhavi and her husband, 45-year-old Gurumurthy, a native of Prakasam district had been employed as an outsourced security guard at the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) facility in Kanchan Bagh, lived in Jillelaguda in Hyderabad and had two children.

The police have said that the parents of the victim filed a missing complaint at the Meerpet Police Station on January 18. Madhavi’s husband, 45-year-old Gurumurthy, a native of Prakasam district who had been employed as an outsourced security guard at the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) facility in Kanchan Bagh, accompanied his in-laws and is learned to have feigned ignorance.

The police team that probed the investigated the case, however, found Madhavi’s husband to have killed his wife under suspicion and sudden provocation, angered when Madhavi stressed on her desire to visit her native place, Nandyala. Gurumurthy dismembered the parts of her body and also attempted to destroy the evidence of his crime by cooking the parts in a pressure cooker. Gurumurthy reportedly confessed to have also packed parts of the body in a bag that he threw in the Chandan Lake area near Jillelaguda.

Further investigation is on as Madhavi’s body is yet to be found.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bengaluru, Apr 3 (PTI): The Karnataka government decided to establish a Gig Workers’ Welfare Board, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah’s office said on Thursday.

The decision was made following a discussion between Siddaramaiah and Congress leader Rahul Gandhi in New Delhi.

According to a statement issued by the Chief Minister’s Office (CMO), Rahul Gandhi inquired about the timeline for formulating the Gig Workers' Welfare Act, which he had promised during his Bharat Jodo Yatra and the elections.

"The Karnataka government has decided to establish a Gig Workers' Welfare Board to ensure the well-being of workers employed by companies like Amazon, Flipkart, Ola, Uber, and others," the statement said.

It further stated that a five per cent cess would be collected from the concerned companies, while the state government would provide the remaining funds required to support welfare schemes for gig workers.

"A comprehensive bill covering all aspects of gig workers' welfare will be prepared and presented before the state cabinet for approval," the statement added.

Three gig worker representatives—Rakshitha Dev, Sheikh Salahuddin, and Nikhil Dev—were also invited to the meeting.

They appreciated the government's initiative and expressed hope for improved working conditions.

State ministers Santosh Lad, Priyank Kharge, and M B Patil were present at the meeting.

Santosh Lad was quoted as saying that Rahul Gandhi, who had earlier advocated for gig workers' rights during the Bharat Jodo Yatra, welcomed the eight-point proposal prepared by the Labour department.

Rahul Gandhi also emphasised the need for swift implementation to safeguard gig workers' interests.

"The Karnataka Labour Department has already introduced three key bills—covering workers' gratuity, cinema workers' rights, and now, gig workers' welfare. The unorganised workers' sector has lauded the government's efforts and extended full support for this progressive move," the statement quoted Lad as saying.

Get all the latest, breaking news from Karnataka in a single click. CLICK HERE to get all the latest news from Karnataka.