Gandhinagar: The Gujarat Assembly on Thursday admitted a no confidence motion, brought by the opposition Congress, against Speaker Rajendra Trivedi for suspending its two legislators for three years and another for a year.

The proposal, which was moved by Deputy Leader of Opposition Shailesh Parmar and supported by the entire Opposition, including Independent Jignesh Mevani, would come up for discussion and vote in the next seven working days.

The no-trust motion was moved on February 28, less than 10 days of Trivedi taking over as Speaker of the 14th Legislative Assembly.

The first session, also the budget session of the new government, chaired by Trivedi, had seen several disruptions and protests by the Opposition on more than one issue. It even saw a physical assault by a Congress legislator Pratap Dudhat on a BJP lawmaker on March 14. Besides Dudhat, Amrish Der was suspended for three years, while the party's Baldev Thakore was suspended for a year.

This provoked the Opposition to move the no-confidence motion against the Speaker. Trivedi even ruled against the entry of these three legislators in the premises of Assembly. On an earlier occasion, the Speaker even ordered the assembly staff to switch off Mevani's microphone.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Chandigarh (PTI): Some schools in Punjab's Mohali received bomb threat emails on Tuesday, which also mentioned Fortis Hospital, prompting police to launch search operation, officials said.

"The bomb threat to schools also mentioned the Fortis Hospital in Mohali, where we conducted anti-sabotage checks. Non-essential services were kept on hold while essential services continued," a senior police official said in Mohali.

He said the police were conducting checks in the schools.

Security had already been strengthened in and around Fortis hospital in Mohali after Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann was admitted there. Chief Minister Mann was re-admitted in the hospital on Monday evening, hours after he was discharged from the health facility. Mann was admitted again after he experienced exhaustion, said sources.

On Wednesday, sixteen private schools in Mohali had received bomb threat emails, triggering evacuation and prompting detailed anti-sabotage checks by police.

However, after detailed inspection, no suspicious or explosive material was found at any of the locations.

The latest scare comes close on the heels of similar threats in Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala and Haryana schools. All threats turned out to be hoaxes.