New Delhi (PTI): A key member of the Lawrence Bishnoi gang, Aman Bhainswal, who was facing an Interpol Red Notice, was deported from the US on Wednesday in an operation coordinated by the CBI and arrested by the Haryana police at the Delhi airport, officials said.

According to an official statement, gangster Aman Kumar alias Aman Bhainswal was allegedly involved in cases of firing, murder, attempt to murder, extortion and illegal arms activities across Haryana and the Delhi-NCR region. He had fled abroad using forged documentation in an attempt to evade prosecution.

The CBI obtained an Interpol Red Notice against Bhainswal, who is facing charges for various offences related to murder, rioting and criminal conspiracy, at the request of the Haryana Police.

"The accused is a notorious criminal and key member of an organised criminal gang, namely the Lawrence Bishnoi gang. He was earlier arrested in India and was later granted bail. However, he did not face trial and subsequently absconded," a CBI spokesperson said in a statement.

Based on the Interpol Red Notice, Bhainswal was traced and geolocated in the US.

"He was successfully deported from the USA and arrived in India on January 7, 2026. He was taken into custody by a team of the Haryana Police at Delhi Airport," the official said.

He has 10 serious criminal cases registered against him in Haryana and Delhi, out of which six cases were filed before he went abroad, an officer of Gurugram Police's STF said.

Special Task Force (STF) IG B Satheesh Balan said that Bhainswal had been detained in the United States two months ago.

"Investigations revealed that Gangster Bhainswal fraudulently obtained a passport using forged documentation based on an East Delhi address. On June 20, 2024, he travelled to Kuwait using this illegal passport and subsequently entered the United States.

"A case under the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) and the Passport Act was registered in Gohana Sadar police station against the gangster in Sonipat. A Look-Out Circular (LOC) was issued, an Interpol Red Corner Notice (RCN) was secured, and he was formally declared a proclaimed offender," he said.

This is the sixth successful extradition carried out by STF since 2025 and the second major operation executed from the United States, he noted.

Balan said that the success has been made possible through seamless cooperation between Indian authorities, Interpol, US enforcement agencies and state police units, and that the entire process was completed in over one and a half years.

The police said Bhainswal also had links with the Rohit Godara gang.

Meanwhile, after Bhainswal's arrest, Haryana DGP Ajay Singhal warned criminals and fugitives that they cannot escape the law by crossing borders or adopting forged identities.

“Those who think they can hide beyond national boundaries or evade the law through fake identities must understand that no one can escape the reach of Haryana Police.

"Every fugitive -- whether in India or abroad -- will be brought to justice. Haryana is a state of law and order, not a refuge for criminals,” the state police chief said.

A Haryana police statement said that the DGP's message signals even more stringent action against organised crime in the coming months.

Bhainswal operated a criminal network that extended across Sonipat, Rohtak, Jhajjar and the national capital.

Through advanced monitoring, intelligence exchanges and cross-border operational alignment, the STF ensured that Bhainswal's presence and activities were continuously tracked, the police said.

DGP Singhal said that STF Haryana will continue its relentless efforts to neutralise criminal networks and safeguard public safety.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): The Congress on Thursday claimed that nine of its videos created using artificial intelligence have been "forcefully deleted" by BJP governments at the Centre and in states, and said Prime Minister Narendra Modi should work in the nation's interest instead of "curbing" every voice of dissent.

The opposition party alleged that the deletion of the videos was a "blatant misuse" of the blocking rules against political adversaries and that there was a complete lack of transparency in the process.

There was no immediate response from the government or the BJP to the Congress' allegations.

Congress social media department head Supriya Shrinate alleged that the Modi government has left no stone unturned in strangling India's artificial intelligence (AI) potential.

"First, by handing over all our data to America in the trade deal, and now, amid the embarrassing mismanagement at the ongoing AI summit and the shameful revelations of theft and imitation that have tarnished India's image.

"But ironically, the same Narendra Modi, who makes grand statements about AI, actually fears artificial intelligence," she said at a press conference here.

In the last six weeks, nine videos created by the Congress using AI have been "forcefully deleted" by the "coward" prime minister, his central and BJP state governments, Shrinate claimed.

"Let me make it absolutely clear (that) all these videos carried the legally required AI disclaimer. Throughout the entire duration of the videos, 'AI-generated video' is prominently displayed at the top, which clearly proves that there was no attempt to mislead or deceive anyone," she said.

Yet, Prime Minister Modi himself and the BJP are so terrified of the truth that they are even afraid of its dramatic AI representation, she claimed.

"These videos show how cowardly Prime Minister Modi turned his back on his responsibility by telling General Naravane and the Army... How Modi compromised India's national interest while pursuing a trade deal with America," Shrinate said.

She claimed that some deletion orders for these AI videos were sent to social media platforms by police in BJP-ruled states like Bihar, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra while some came directly from the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology under Union minister Ashwini Vaishnaw.

"This is blatant misuse of the blocking and the IT Rules, 2021, against political adversaries. There is a complete lack of transparency on why a video is being taken down, there is no public order but complete secrecy. Which is why there is no ground for challenging these blockings and deletions in court. At least tell us what was illegal in these videos, what has been violated," Shrinate said.

"This is how authoritarian regimes work -- by giving orders to social media platforms to take down or block content arbitrarily in complete secrecy," she said.

The Congress leader said she welcomes curbing deep fakes and asked if political satires with AI disclaimers are the same.

"Is the government objecting to political satire and commentary on the prime minister which is perfectly legitimate in any democracy?" she asked.

Amid the controversy over Galgotias University displaying a made-in-China robotic dog as its own innovation at the India AI Impact Summit, Shrinate asked when the PM can pass off others' work as his own and rename Congress schemes to fool people, why wouldn't the rest of the country do the same.

"When the prime minister spends the whole day spouting rhetoric, those who steal and imitate are emboldened. When scientific temper is abandoned and superstition and delusions are encouraged, robots will not be built, they will just be bought from China.

"Imitation is not innovation, but does the government care? Modi ji, no matter what you say, your legacy is that private university which has brought us global shame," she said.

"Instead of getting AI videos deleted and curbing every voice of dissent and disagreement, PM Modi, you should work in the nation's interest, stop bowing before America, talk about farmers' rights, don't run away from Parliament, throw out your minister who has connections with a monster like Epstein, and stop compromising the country for Adani," Shrinate said.