Mumbai (PTI): Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Tuesday announced a plan for a phased equity listing of Maharashtra's power utilities, starting with the transmission company next year.
He said it is essential to undertake the process to make the entities more efficient and agile.
"It is the right time to start the listing process for government entities and corporations. We have decided that we will certainly list the electricity transmission company at first," Fadnavis said at an event here.
Later, he shared that the government expects the listing of Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Company in 2026.
The transmission company's listing will be followed with generation company's listing in second phase and the distribution company's in the next, the chief minister said without giving a timeline.
Speaking at an event for the listing of Nashik Municipal Corporation's maiden bond issue, Fadnavis said there are 15 urban local bodies in the state which can access funding from the route.
He added that the slew of incentives, including the Union Minister of Housing's AMRUT scheme and also the Urban Challenge Fund ensure that the interest burden on municipal bodies actually comes down and added that Nashik has raised the money at zero interest costs.
It can be noted that three ULBs in the state have so far raised money by issuing municipal bonds.
As per a June 2025 media report, Maharatra's Transco had invited bids for financial advisors for its initial public offering. The power utility, which had an authorised share capital of Rs 15,000 crore and a paid-up share capital of Rs 8,984 crore, will be looking for inputs on an IPO's feasibility, capital structuring and valuation from the advisor.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): Delhi Police has recovered 1,850 stolen and lost mobile phones worth around Rs 4 crore in past 40 days under "Mission Reconnect", an initiative aimed at returning phones to their rightful owners in outernorth Delhi, an official said on Saturday.
The recovered phones were traced from different parts of the country, including remote areas, through technical surveillance and sustained field operations, police said, adding that the devices were handed over to their owners during a programme at the Sports Ground, New Police Lines, Kingsway Camp.
The initiative focused on a victim-centric approach and aimed at strengthening public trust through proactive policing and coordinated efforts across states, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outernorth) Hareshwar Swami said.
As part of the programme, teams performed 'nukkad nataks' and screened awareness videos on cybercrime, drug abuse prevention, and senior citizen safety, sensitising the public about digital frauds and safety measures, officials said.
The initiative combines technology, investigation and community participation to ensure recovery of lost property and reconnect citizens with their valuables, they added.
