Kolkata (PTI): The mercury will remain below normal in parts of West Bengal over the next three days, and thereafter, rise by about two notches, the IMD said on Sunday.

Shallow to moderate fog will be prevalent during morning hours in most sub-Himalayan districts as dry weather will remain across the state for the next seven days, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.

Minimum temperatures at several places in the state were below normal in the last 24 hours, with Suri recording the lowest temperature in the state's plains at 10.2 degrees Celsius, 3.6 notches below the average, it said.

Kalyani recorded the maximum departure from normal minimum temperature at 10.5 degrees Celsius, which was four notches below the normal. Jhargram and Kalaikunda were at 12.4 degrees, while Barrackpore and Bankura recorded 11.3 degrees.

The minimum temperature in the hill tourist town of Darjeeling was 4.4 degrees Celsius, which was, however, more than two notches above normal.

Kolkata recorded a minimum temperature of 14.5 degrees Celsius, 2.4 degrees below normal, the IMD said.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Chandigarh (PTI): Some schools in Punjab's Mohali received bomb threat emails on Tuesday, which also mentioned Fortis Hospital, prompting police to launch search operation, officials said.

"The bomb threat to schools also mentioned the Fortis Hospital in Mohali, where we conducted anti-sabotage checks. Non-essential services were kept on hold while essential services continued," a senior police official said in Mohali.

He said the police were conducting checks in the schools.

Security had already been strengthened in and around Fortis hospital in Mohali after Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann was admitted there. Chief Minister Mann was re-admitted in the hospital on Monday evening, hours after he was discharged from the health facility. Mann was admitted again after he experienced exhaustion, said sources.

On Wednesday, sixteen private schools in Mohali had received bomb threat emails, triggering evacuation and prompting detailed anti-sabotage checks by police.

However, after detailed inspection, no suspicious or explosive material was found at any of the locations.

The latest scare comes close on the heels of similar threats in Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala and Haryana schools. All threats turned out to be hoaxes.