Srinagar: At least three soldiers, two policemen and a militant were killed on Wednesday as the gunfight in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district entered its second day officials said.

The gunfight broke out on Tuesday inside Halmatpora forest area of Kupwara, about 110 km from Srinagar city.

"Firing still continues in Kupwara and on Wednesday, two policemen and three soldiers were killed in the ongoing operations," Indian army spokesman Col Rajesh Kalia told the media.

"The policemen have been identified as Deepak Pandit and Muhammad Yusuf. The operation is still going on," a source said.

On Tuesday, four militants were killed in the gunfight and another one on Wednesday.

A senior police official said the forest area was cordoned off by joint contingents of army and police late Tuesday following intelligence information about presence of militants.

Authorities have rushed additional reinforcements to the forest area to take on militants.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Chandigarh (PTI): Some schools in Punjab's Mohali received bomb threat emails on Tuesday, which also mentioned Fortis Hospital, prompting police to launch search operation, officials said.

"The bomb threat to schools also mentioned the Fortis Hospital in Mohali, where we conducted anti-sabotage checks. Non-essential services were kept on hold while essential services continued," a senior police official said in Mohali.

He said the police were conducting checks in the schools.

Security had already been strengthened in and around Fortis hospital in Mohali after Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann was admitted there. Chief Minister Mann was re-admitted in the hospital on Monday evening, hours after he was discharged from the health facility. Mann was admitted again after he experienced exhaustion, said sources.

On Wednesday, sixteen private schools in Mohali had received bomb threat emails, triggering evacuation and prompting detailed anti-sabotage checks by police.

However, after detailed inspection, no suspicious or explosive material was found at any of the locations.

The latest scare comes close on the heels of similar threats in Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala and Haryana schools. All threats turned out to be hoaxes.