Madhya Pradesh, Sept 12: A prison guard who was attacked by an undertrial prisoner in Madhya Pradesh’s Bhind district succumbed to injuries Wednesday morning, reported news agency ANI. The policeman was one among the two injured in the attack on Sunday and was undergoing treatment at a hospital in Delhi.
The incident, which was caught on CCTV cameras installed in the police station, shows the undertrial prisoner attacking the policemen from behind with what looks like a stick — some reports have said it was a pickaxe — before escaping from the jail.
The two guards who were hit on the head fell unconscious after the attack. While one of them was provided medical assistance at a local hospital in Bhind, the other was referred to Delhi for treatment.
#WATCH Dramatic visuals of an undertrial prisoner viciously attacking two prison guards at a police station in Bhind on 9th September. One police personnel has been referred to Delhi for treatment, another is under treatment at a district hospital in Bhind (Source: CCTV footage) pic.twitter.com/eXEQ5eH51y
— ANI (@ANI) September 11, 2018
The video footage also shows a silhouette of an unidentified man who did not come forward to help the police and allegedly assisted the attacker.
In another incident, an undertrial prisoner allegedly involved in 40 criminal cases, escaped from a special sub-jail at Bhanjanagar in Odisha’s Ganjam district by scaling the wall on Tuesday, reported PTI. The police have ordered a probe and suspect the role of outsiders in the escape. All nearby police stations have been asked to maintain a strict vigil on the movement of the prisoner in their respective areas.
Courtesy: indianexpress.com
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
KOCHI, Apr 3 (PTI): A local body near here has slapped a fine of Rs 25,000 against noted playback singer M G Sreekumar for allegedly dumping waste into the Kochi backwaters.
The Mulavukad Grama Panchayat issued a notice directing the singer to pay the fine within 15 days, the authorities said on Thursday.
The notice was issued after a tourist captured a video on their mobile phone showing a garbage bag being thrown into the Kochi backwaters from the singer's house located in Mulavukad panchayat area, panchayat sources said.
According to the sources, a few days ago, this video was posted on social media, tagging Local Self Government Minister M B Rajesh.
In response, the minister stated that complaints regarding public littering, supported by evidence, could be submitted to the government’s WhatsApp number (94467 00800) for action.
After receiving the complaint, the local body’s control room directed the panchayat authorities to inspect the site the same day and confirm the incident, panchayat sources added.
Subsequently, a notice directing to pay a fine of Rs 25,000 was issued under the relevant sections of the Panchayat Raj Act, the sources said.
"After considering the response from the singer, the panchayat will initiate further action if required," said a top panchayat functionary.
However, the singer has not responded to the issue so far.