New Delhi: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) general secretary Dattatreya Hosabale has reiterated the organisation’s opposition to the mass reclamation of mosques allegedly built on demolished temples. In an interview with Kannada weekly Vikrama, Hosabale questioned the feasibility and consequences of reclaiming thousands of such sites, warning against societal hostility and urging focus on pressing social issues.
He acknowledged the Sangh’s support for the Ram Mandir movement and its backing for claims over Kashi Vishwanath in Varanasi and Krishna Janmabhoomi in Mathura. However, he cautioned against a broader push for reclaiming historical sites, stating, “Should we start digging up 30,000 mosques and attempt to reverse history? Would that not create more hostility and resentment in society? How far do we go in history?”
Hosabale emphasised that the demand for reclaiming these sites could divert attention from other significant societal challenges, such as eliminating untouchability and preserving cultural values. He also pointed out that reclaiming former temple sites turned into mosques should not take precedence over reviving Hindu values within communities.
“The Sangh has never said anybody should ignore issues like preservation of culture and languages, conversions, cow slaughter, or love jihad,” he said, cautioning against a single-minded pursuit of historical reclamation at the cost of other concerns.
Hosabale further questioned whether a former temple that had been converted into a mosque should still be considered a divine space. He stressed that rather than focusing on reclaiming structures, efforts should be directed toward strengthening Hindu values within individuals and communities.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Karwar (PTI): Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday arrived at the strategically located Karwar naval base in Karnataka, where he will soon flag off Indian Ocean Ship SAGAR.
The Union minister arrived at the naval base around 1 pm where he was given a Guard of Honour at the Parade Ground.
The defence minister landed at the key base in a military chopper, and is scheduled to spend a few hours here, with a number of engagements lined up.
During his visit to the base in the afternoon, he will also inaugurate some newly developed infrastructure at the key naval site, officials earlier said.
The Navy is expanding the crucial naval base as part Project 'Seabird'.
"Raksha Mantri Shri @rajnathsingh will flag off #INSSunayna as the Indian Ocean Ship SAGAR with 44 personnel from 9 navies embarked onboard, from #Karwar today," the Office of Raksha Mantri posted on X on Saturday.