Bihar, August 27: The police on Monday arrested one of the perpetrators seen in the video while the identities of six other assailants are yet to be ascertained.
Only two days after a video of a woman being molested in Bihar's Gaya district went viral, another such shocking video has surfaced in Saharsa, in which seven men can be seen molesting a schoolgirl on a village road while she cries for help.
The police on Monday arrested one of the perpetrators seen in the video while the identities of six other assailants are yet to be ascertained. Saharsa Superintendent of Police, Rakesh Kumar told News18 that a cop received the video on WhatsApp after which, an alert was sounded in all district police stations.
Soon, the spot where the incident took place was identified. Later, Sadar police station SHO nabbed one of the assailants.
"We are trying to locate the victim and record her statement. Even if the girl does not wish to file a complaint, we will pursue the case based on the video. An FIR has been lodged by the officer who received the video. Our job is to bring all culprits to book," the SP said.
In the video, the girl is seen riding a bicycle when a group of young men accost her and try to waylay her towards the side of the road. While one in the group tries to save her, the others pound on him. Meanwhile, the other boys grope the schoolgirl, snatch her dupatta when she breaks down.
The Nitish Kumar government has been at the receiving end of severe criticism from opposition parties and civil society for a sudden spurt in crime against women, including several videos of women being molested coming to fore.
In May this year, three disturbing cases of sexual assault were reported from Jehanabad while a woman was raped in front of her husband on a busy road in Gaya.
Bihar Police data on crime against woman show a disturbing rise between January and May this year. In January, 74 cases of rape were recorded in the state, which went up to to 184 in May.
Earlier this month, the Bihar government was left red faced when the Muzaffarpur shelter home sex scandal surfaced in which 34 minor inmates were sexually abused over a prolonged period of time.
Courtesy: www.news18.com
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mathura(UP), Apr 5 (PTI): A retired Army colonel from Haryana has filed a police complaint here, alleging that he was held hostage, assaulted, looted and forced to participate in an "obscene video" at gunpoint with a woman he met through a matrimonial website, police said on Saturday.
The woman from Mathura, who was allegedly in on the plan to rob him, was working with other accomplices, the ex-armyman said in his complaint filed on Thursday.
According to Barsana Station House Officer (SHO) Raj Kamal Singh, Colonel Rajneesh Soni (retired), a resident of Gurugram, reported that he was contacted by a woman from Barsana on a matrimonial website in January. The woman allegedly agreed to marry him, and they began communicating.
The woman allegedly persuaded the colonel to visit Barsana on January 25, requesting that he visit the Radharani temple. When he arrived, she arranged for his stay at a guest house and took him on a tour of the area, including a visit to the temple, the complainant said.
After returning to the guest house, the woman and her accomplices allegedly told the colonel that her brother had been involved in an accident and they needed to leave immediately. They then led him to a waiting car.
"Once outside the town limits, the colonel alleges that he was attacked by the occupants of the car. They seized his phone, physically assaulted him, and forced him to contact relatives and friends to transfer money," the SHO said.
"He was then taken back to the guest house, where he was allegedly forced to participate in obscene videos and photographs at gunpoint. He was threatened that the videos would be made public if he reported the incident," the officer said.
The colonel has alleged that his purse, bag, gold chain, debit card and Rs. 12,000 in cash were stolen from the guest house.
After an unsuccessful attempt at locating the perpetrators himself, the colonel finally reported the incident to the Barsana police two days ago, he said.
"A case has been registered under relevant sections of the BNS and all facts are being investigated. Further action will be taken as per facts found in the investigation," the SHO said.