Greater Noida, April 24th: A Class 11 student was picked up by a classmate who offered to drop her home, and gang-raped for hours inside a moving car last week in Greater Noida, near Delhi. After driving around for a few hours, the three attackers dropped her off on the roadside.

Two people have been arrested.

The girl, 16, has told the police that last Wednesday, she missed her school bus and was walking home alone when a classmate and his friend stopped their car and offered to drop her home. The boys allegedly forced her to have a drink laced with drugs and gang-raped her. She alleges that she was gagged.

The girl was missing for hours before she was found by the police in an unconscious state, on a deserted stretch of the road.

"We received information from the girl's father that on April 18, she could not be found and based on his statement a First Information Report was filed against three people. We have caught the main accused and another youth, while a third one is still on the run," said Awneesh Kumar, a senior police officer.

Amid huge public outcry over the Kathua and Unnao rape cases, the government has amended the law through an executive order to bring in the death penalty for child rapists



Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Thodupuzha (Kerala) (PTI): A 27-year-old man died after allegedly falling into an open roadside pit near Thodupuzha in Idukki district, police said on Tuesday. 

The deceased was identified as Jeys Benny, a native of Muthalakkodam. 

The accident occurred late Monday night when his two-wheeler plunged into the large pit dug on the side of the road as part of the construction work, they said. 

Though he was rushed to a nearby hospital, his life could not be saved. 

As the issue triggered heated protest, state Public Works Department (PWD) Minister Mohammed Riyas ordered a probe into the tragic incident. 

He said the deputy chief engineer of the PWD has been entrusted with a probe into the incident and will take further action after receiving his report. 

"Stringent measures will be taken if the negligence happened from the side of the Public Works Department," Riyas said. 

In the CCTV visuals aired by TV channels, the bike could be seen plunging into the open pit. 

According to local residents, the pit has been left open for over a month without adequate safety measures such as barricades or warning signs. 

Following the incident, local residents staged a protest at the accident spot, alleging negligence on the part of the PWD. 

Workers of the Opposition UDF also protested at the local PWD office demanding action against those responsible.