Hyderabad: At a time when many politicians are accused of not fulfilling their promises, a woman public representative in Telangana is offering to sell her land to keep her words.

The district level public representative in Ranga Reddy district has put up a "For Sale" board at her 100 square yard open plot adjoining the Hyderabad-Bijapur National Highway. This piece of land is expected to fetch Rs 35-40 lakh.

Chimpula Sailaja Satyanarayana Reddy, who represents Chevella territorial constituency in Rangareddy Zilla Parishad, took the step due to what she said was the callous attitude of the departments concerned in making the required funds available for development works in 20 Gram Panchayats in her constituency.

She feels that since she had made the promises including laying of roads, it was her moral duty to fulfil the same. She is even ready to sell her family property.

Though she was elected on the ticket of ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS), she got no support from the government to fulfil the promises she had made to the villagers during the 2014 elections. All her efforts to convince the authorities to release the funds went in vain.

She, along with other Zilla Parishad Territorial Committee (ZPTC) members, had been fighting for funds to undertake various developments works in the district.

Last year, she approached the Hyderabad High Court, which directed the government to release Rs 532 crore to local bodies in the district towards their share in the Seigniorage fee collected from mining activities. She was expecting at least Rs 20 crore for her territorial constituency. However, the orders were not implemented.

"I have no option but to sell this property and I am serious about it," she said.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Chandigarh (PTI): Some schools in Punjab's Mohali received bomb threat emails on Tuesday, which also mentioned Fortis Hospital, prompting police to launch search operation, officials said.

"The bomb threat to schools also mentioned the Fortis Hospital in Mohali, where we conducted anti-sabotage checks. Non-essential services were kept on hold while essential services continued," a senior police official said in Mohali.

He said the police were conducting checks in the schools.

Security had already been strengthened in and around Fortis hospital in Mohali after Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann was admitted there. Chief Minister Mann was re-admitted in the hospital on Monday evening, hours after he was discharged from the health facility. Mann was admitted again after he experienced exhaustion, said sources.

On Wednesday, sixteen private schools in Mohali had received bomb threat emails, triggering evacuation and prompting detailed anti-sabotage checks by police.

However, after detailed inspection, no suspicious or explosive material was found at any of the locations.

The latest scare comes close on the heels of similar threats in Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala and Haryana schools. All threats turned out to be hoaxes.