New Delhi (PTI): The Delhi Police has arrested five people after registering an FIR in connection with a viral video that showed a group of men performing dangerous stunts in speeding cars on Delhi roads, an official said on Sunday.
The police also recovered four vehicles allegedly involved in the incident, he said.
The video, which surfaced on social media platform X, showed several cars moving at high speed, swerving and zigzagging through traffic on Ring Road, with some occupants seen standing out of sunroofs and windows while shouting as the vehicles sped past other motorists.
The footage triggered sharp reactions online, with users demanding immediate police action and flagging the serious threat to public safety.
According to police, the video came to notice on December 27 and appeared to have been recorded around 10.44 pm on December 26, when the cars were travelling from the ITO stretch towards Sarai Kale Khan and Noida.
"Considering the seriousness of the matter and concerns related to public safety, cognisance was taken and an FIR was registered under sections of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita and the Motor Vehicles Act," the police in a statement said.
During the course of investigation, five accused people were apprehended on Sunday and four offending vehicles were recovered, he added.
The accused have been identified as Almas Arshad (20), Sarfaraj (26), Mohd Imran Qureshi (23), Mohd Shabbir (23), Saad Abdullah (22), all are residents of Delhi.
The clip had been shared by a social media user who urged authorities to take strict action, saying such "extremely dangerous" driving put the lives of other commuters at serious risk and could lead to fatal accidents.
The video drew strong reactions from several users, some of whom described reckless driving and stunt behaviour as a regular occurrence on Delhi roads, while others pointed to an apparent lack of fear of law enforcement among violators.
Earlier, responding to the post, Delhi Traffic Police acknowledged the complaint and advised the user to formally report the incident for further action. In a subsequent message, the traffic police also said that in such cases, people could contact the nearest police station or dial the emergency number 112 for immediate assistance.
A senior officer said the swift action reflected the commitment of Delhi Police to road safety. "Citizens are requested to follow traffic rules and road safety guidelines to ensure safe movement on roads. Any violation will invite strict legal action," he said.
Police said further investigation is underway to ascertain if any additional people were involved.
📍Delhi: Reckless driving on Ring Road from ITO towards Sarai Kale Khan.
— Deadly Kalesh (@Deadlykalesh) December 27, 2025
Seems like Delhi’s pollution is hitting brains harder than lungs.
Extremely dangerous driving, risking lives on a public road.
📹 10:44 PM | 26 Dec
Strict action needed.
pic.twitter.com/sr2zjjUppJ
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): Congress leader Shashi Tharoor on Thursday praised the AI Impact Summit, saying the first couple of days had gone "extremely well" and "some glitches" can happen at any "large event".
He said what has been impressive is the attendance of presidents, prime ministers, and world leaders who have come with a strong message of wanting to see a newly integrated world in artificial intelligence development.
While noting that the first couple of days went “extremely well” at the summit, Tharoor said there have been “some glitches” but such issues can happen at big events.
His remarks come a day after former Congress president Rahul Gandhi dubbed the ongoing AI Summit in Delhi a "disorganised PR spectacle" and alleged that Chinese products were being showcased there.
ALSO READ: Chhatrasal Stadium murder case: Delhi HC seeks police's stand on wrestler Sushil Kumar's bail plea
Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge and other senior party leaders have also criticised the event, saying alleged mismanagement has resulted in "embarrassment" for the country.
Responding to a reporter's question after the launch event of his new book on Narayana Guru, Tharoor said, "Though I have not had the chance to go to the summit, I am speaking there tomorrow. From what I understand, these first couple of days have gone extremely well. There have been some glitches, some organisational things, these things happen in a large event."
"But by and large what has been impressive is the attendance... a number of presidents, prime ministers, and world leaders are here, and they've come with a strong message of wanting to see a newly integrated world in AI development, where the impact upon society would be the principle," Tharoor said.
"Preoccupation in India has clearly led the drive in this area," he added.
Asked about French President Emanuel Macron's remarks about procurement of Rafale jets by India and the Make in India component of the deal, Tharoor said as far as the French Rafale is concerned, parts of it are being manufactured in India.
That is a very important aspect of the deal because it is part of strengthening defence, but also increasing our self-reliance in the defence sector, he said.
"Defence is important for India not because we want to go to war, but because we don't want others to think that we are so weak that they can be tempted to go to war. It is a defensive defence literally, and that is what we are working for and I support the government on that,” he said.
On the upcoming film Kerala Story 2, Tharoor said the first film, Kerala Story, was a “hate-mongering film”.
“They were saying that thousands of people were converted, which is not true. I think there were around 30 such cases over a number of years. Ours is a very big country. If a case occurs here and there, it doesn't mean you should turn it into a big story and use it as propaganda,” Tharoor said.
“In our childhood, films like Amar Akbar Antony used to get entertainment tax exemptions,” he added.
