Kozhikode: The demolition of nearly 200 houses using bulldozers at Faqeer Layout and Wasim Layout colonies on Bande Road in Bengaluru has caused deep concern and anguish, said Indian Grand Mufti Kanthapuram A.P. Aboobacker Musliyar. He stated that evicting residents, mostly economically backward Muslims and Dalits, from a densely populated area during severe cold is inhumane.

Housing is one of the fundamental needs of human beings, and it is unjustifiable that a responsible government itself carries out demolitions instead of ensuring shelter, the Grand Mufti said. He emphasised that authorities should proceed with land acquisition or similar actions only after giving due time, showing humanitarian consideration, and ensuring proper solutions and rehabilitation.

Calling for immediate action, the Grand Mufti urged the government to immediately come forward to rehabilitate the poor who have lost their homes, livelihoods, and documents. He also said he has communicated the matter to the Karnataka Chief Minister and other government authorities, seeking urgent intervention.

The Grand Mufti demanded that the government take the lead in identifying suitable land and ensuring adequate housing for all affected families, and until then, arrange temporary facilities. He further stressed that all possible temporary relief measures must be provided to people left without shelter in the harsh cold.

Following his appeal, activists of SYS Santhwanam in Bengaluru have reached the area and are actively engaged in relief and support activities for the displaced residents.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bengaluru (PTI): The Karnataka State Cyber Command has arrested 68 people as part of a statewide drive against mule bank accounts and “mule herders” involved in cyber fraud, officials said on Friday.

The special operations, which have been continuing since last week across Karnataka, targeted networks engaged in aggregating and selling mule bank accounts used for cyber crimes.

The arrests were made between December 2025 and February 2026, police said in an updated report.

“The Karnataka Cyber Command has conducted statewide special operations against Mule accounts and mule herders across Karnataka. The special drive has continued since last week and this is an updated report,” the department said in a statement.

ALSO READ:  CM Siddaramaiah appeals for peace after Bagalkote clashes, BJP blames Cong

Police said the investigation identified a network of “mule herders” — individuals who aggregate and misuse mule bank accounts — who were retailing and selling such accounts to cyber criminals.

A total of 68 key accused and suspects have been arrested during the period.

According to the statement, mule herders had collected personal information and documents from unsuspecting laypersons and opened multiple bank accounts in the names of their relatives.

“These accounts were operated in a business-like manner,” it added.

As part of the crackdown, police registered 60 cases and identified 869 mule accounts across the state. As many as 8,788 complaints were registered on the National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal (NCRP) against the identified mule accounts.

The total money involved in all NCRP-linked crimes stood at Rs 85.05 crore, of which Rs 13.43 crore has been put on hold, the Cyber Command said.

During the drive, police obtained 32 search warrants and conducted 35 searches. In the searches, 35 ATM cards, 37 passbooks, 80 mobile phones, 28 cheque books and 22 SIM cards were seized, along with other incriminating materials, officials said. Pronab Mohanty, the Director General of Police (Karnataka State Cyber Command) supervised the special drive, police added.