Kadaba: A 17-year-old boy died of a gunshot wound following a violent altercation with his father at Pade in Ramakunja village, under the limits of the Kadaba police station, on Saturday evening.
The deceased has been identified as Moksha. His father, Vasanth Ameen (60), sustained serious stab injuries during the incident and is currently undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Mangaluru. Police are investigating the circumstances that led to the confrontation between the father and son.
According to preliminary information, Ameen, a native of Nuliyalu in Nidballi village of Puttur taluk, was married to Jayashree of Perla. The couple later purchased property in Pade and shifted there. However, marital discord reportedly arose over property-related issues, following which Jayashree moved to her parental home about a month ago. Since then, Ameen and his son Moksha had been living together at the Pade house.
On Saturday evening, an argument allegedly broke out between the father and son, which escalated into a physical fight. Moksha was later found dead with a gunshot injury to his face.
Jayashree filed a complaint with the police accusing her husband of having shot their son dead. However, preliminary investigation by Kadaba police has reportedly indicated a different sequence of events. Police sources said that during the altercation, Moksha allegedly stabbed his father in the stomach with a knife and subsequently shot himself using a firearm.
An FIR has been registered at the Kadaba police station, and further investigation is underway to establish the exact sequence of events and circumstances surrounding the incident.
Additional Superintendent of Police Anil Kumar Bhooma Reddy, Belthangady Deputy Superintendent of Police Rohini, Uppinangady Circle Inspector Nagaraj, Kadaba Sub-Inspector Jamburaj Mahajan, and crime scene investigators Arpita and Kavya visited the spot and conducted an inspection as part of the investigation.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): Security was tightened across key religious and heritage sites in Delhi on Saturday, including areas around the Red Fort and parts of Chandni Chowk, following intelligence inputs suggesting a possible terror threat, an official said.
Security agencies issued an alert on a possible explosion threat near Red Fort, a major tourist destination and high-security zone, after Central intelligence agencies indicated that Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) has allegedly kept prominent religious places in India on its target list.
Sources said specific inputs suggested that a temple in the Chandni Chowk area could be among the potential targets.
ALSO READ: Artificial intelligence, hologram tech bring 'Arjuna', 'Lord Krishna' at AI Summit
While the intelligence inputs are being verified and assessed, security has been stepped up in and around sensitive religious places and crowded public areas, they added.
Intelligence agencies indicated that LeT could be attempting to carry out an Improvised Explosive Device (IED)-based attack. The alleged plan is reportedly linked to attempts by the terror group to avenge the February 6 blast at a mosque in Islamabad, Pakistan, sources said.
Central agencies and Delhi Police units are maintaining close coordination, and surveillance has been intensified through CCTV monitoring, vehicle checks and deployment of additional personnel at vulnerable points. Bomb disposal squads, dog squads and quick reaction teams have also been placed on standby at strategic locations, they added.
The alert comes in the backdrop of the deadly car explosion near the historic Red Fort on November 10, 2025, which killed at least 13 people and injured more than 20 others. The blast occurred when a car loaded with explosives detonated near Gate No 1 of the Red Fort metro station, igniting multiple vehicles nearby and causing panic in the densely populated area.
Security agencies have urged people to remain vigilant and immediately inform police or emergency services about any suspicious objects or activity. However, officials said there is no cause for panic and that the measures are precautionary in nature.
Further intelligence gathering and verification of inputs are underway, an official said.
