Mangaluru: Well-known physician Dr. Srinivas Kakkilaya has urged the government to withdraw the recent report submitted by the expert committee headed by Dr. K.S. Ravindranath of the Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research. The report concerns sudden cardiac deaths and, according to Dr. Kakkilaya, is incomplete and flawed.
Speaking to Vartha Bharati, Dr. Kakkilaya said that the report, as claimed by media outlets, states there is no link between COVID-19 vaccination and recent sudden deaths. However, he clarified that no such conclusion exists in the report. He pointed out that the studies cited by the committee have no connection to the actual study it claims to have conducted.
“No study referenced in the report addresses whether there is any connection between the COVID-19 vaccine and the recent sudden deaths occurring years after vaccination,” he said. He further questioned how reputed institutions like ICMR and Jayadeva Hospital could publish such inadequate reports, raising concerns over the state of medical science in the country.
Dr. Kakkilaya also criticised discrepancies in the data. "Even children can say that 53+17+180 equals 250. But the report lists the total as 249," he noted. He questioned how the committee could call it a ‘small percentage’ when 1 in 3 of the 77 cases examined showed no cause for heart attack. “If a third of the cases remain unexplained, how can that be considered negligible?” he asked.
He further pointed out that the report itself suggests the possibility of a new or unknown cause behind these cardiac deaths, which contradicts any blanket dismissal of a link with vaccines or past COVID-19 infections.
Dr. Kakkilaya stressed that unless there is clarity, neither the Jayadeva Institute, nor its director, nor the state or central government, nor any doctor has the authority to declare “there is no link” between vaccines and these deaths. “The only honest answer is: ‘We do not know yet,’” he said.
Calling the report half-baked and mathematically incorrect, Dr. Kakkilaya demanded its immediate withdrawal and urged the committee to conduct a proper, in-depth study over the next six months and only then draw any conclusions.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Bengaluru PTI): A fresh FIR has been registered against social activist Snehamayi Krishna for making defamatory statements against a woman.
Basaveshwara Nagar Police Station registered a First Information Report against Krishna on Saturday.
According to the FIR, complainant Pavithra B N (37) alleged that a letter dated December 5 was delivered to her residence, in which Snehamayi Krishna made defamatory allegations regarding the death of her husband and against her advocate, Raghu.
The letter also indicated that a complaint had been submitted to the Mahalakshmipuram Police Station seeking reinvestigation into her husband’s death.
The complainant further alleged that a threatening note was enclosed with the letter, pressuring her to withdraw cases filed against a man named Mylaraappa.
She stated that the mobile number of the person exerting pressure was mentioned in the letter.
Pavithra claimed that the alleged actions had caused severe distress to her family, disrupted her children’s education, created unrest at home and deprived them of peace.
She also accused the persons named in the complaint of using abusive language and issuing life threats.
Police initially registered a non-cognisable report.
After Pavithra obtained permission from the 24th ACMM Court to initiate criminal proceedings, an FIR was formally registered against Snehamayi Krishna and Mylaraappa as per the court’s direction.
Krishna has previously been in the news for lodging complaints and making allegations against Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, his wife Parvathi B M, and others for obtaining Mysuru Urban Development Authority (MUDA) alternative sites (plots) against the rules.
The Lokayukta police which investigated the matter filed a closure report, which the special court of public representatives admitted.
On Thursday, he also levelled accusations against Karnataka Chief Secretary Shalini Rajneesh along with a Karnataka Administrative Services (KAS) officer D B Natesh, the former MUDA Commissioner.
Shalini Rajneesh's office rejected the charges categorically and termed his accusations "defamatory".
On Saturday he apologised for making allegations against the Chief Secretary.
