Mangaluru (PTI): An FIR has been registered against Malayalam actor Jayakrishnan and two of his associates from Kerala for allegedly abusing a cab driver with communal invectives here, police said on Saturday.
No arrests have been made so far, they said.
The trio--Jayakrishnan (50), Santosh Abraham and Vimal--had booked a cab on the night of October 9 from Bejai New Road, police said.
The cab driver, Ahmed Shafiq (32), faced verbal abuse in Hindi and Malayalam, according to the complaint filed at the Urwa Police Station on Friday, they added.
According to police, the trio booked a cab through a mobile app, giving their pickup address as Bejai New Road in Mangaluru. When the driver contacted them through the app to confirm the location, they allegedly abused him with communal invectives.
A case has been registered under relevant sections 352 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) and 353(2) (statements conducing to public mischief) of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita, police said, adding that further investigation is underway.
"Digital trails identified them; statements are being recorded," a police source said.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): Delhi Police has recovered 1,850 stolen and lost mobile phones worth around Rs 4 crore in past 40 days under "Mission Reconnect", an initiative aimed at returning phones to their rightful owners in outernorth Delhi, an official said on Saturday.
The recovered phones were traced from different parts of the country, including remote areas, through technical surveillance and sustained field operations, police said, adding that the devices were handed over to their owners during a programme at the Sports Ground, New Police Lines, Kingsway Camp.
The initiative focused on a victim-centric approach and aimed at strengthening public trust through proactive policing and coordinated efforts across states, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outernorth) Hareshwar Swami said.
As part of the programme, teams performed 'nukkad nataks' and screened awareness videos on cybercrime, drug abuse prevention, and senior citizen safety, sensitising the public about digital frauds and safety measures, officials said.
The initiative combines technology, investigation and community participation to ensure recovery of lost property and reconnect citizens with their valuables, they added.
