Bengaluru: The Karnataka High Court has directed the Puttur Rural police not to take any coercive action against RSS leader Kalladka Prabhakar Bhat in connection with a hate speech case registered against him.
The case pertains to allegations that Bhat delivered a hate speech during a Deepotsava programme held at Uppalige in Puttur taluk. The order was passed by a single-judge bench of Justice M. Nagaprasanna while hearing a petition filed by Dr. Prabhakar Bhat (83), seeking quashing of the FIR registered on the basis of a complaint lodged by Eshwari Padmunja.
Senior advocate Arun Shyam, appearing for the petitioner, submitted before the court the complete transcript of the speech allegedly delivered by Bhat, as directed earlier by the court. Additional State Public Prosecutor Asma Kousar submitted a pen drive containing a 42-minute video recording of the speech.
After accepting the transcript and video recording, the court stated that it would examine the contents of the speech before proceeding further. The bench adjourned the matter to February 5 and directed that no coercive steps be taken against the petitioner till then.
During the hearing, Asma Kousar informed the court that the petitioner is already on bail and that no coercive action is presently being taken against him. However, she also pointed out that another case on similar allegations had been registered against the petitioner recently and that such incidents appeared to be continuing. She further alleged that the petitioner was violating bail conditions.
In response, the court observed that if the petitioner was indeed violating bail conditions, the prosecution was at liberty to file an application seeking cancellation of bail. The matter was thereafter adjourned.
According to the complaint filed at the Puttur Rural police station on October 25, 2025, complainant Eshwari Padmunj alleged that during the Deepotsava programme organised on October 20 in Uppalige as part of Diwali celebrations, Kalladka Prabhakar Bhat made statements that hurt religious sentiments, insulted women, and incited hatred between communities.
The complaint alleged that Bhat made remarks unrelated to the programme, referring to Hindu and Muslim women, childbirth, and made statements invoking childbirth in the name of Allah and Mahalingeshwara. It was alleged that the speech was derogatory to the dignity of women and capable of promoting enmity between Hindu and Muslim communities. The complainant sought legal action against Bhat and the organisers of the programme.
Based on the complaint, an FIR was registered against Bhat and others. Challenging this, Bhat approached the High Court seeking quashing of the FIR.
On January 19, the High Court had issued notice to the State and urgent notice to the complainant, directing the petitioner to submit the complete transcript of the speech. The court had also restrained the police from filing a chargesheet against the petitioner without prior permission of the court.
The matter will now be taken up for further hearing on February 5.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): Security was tightened across key religious and heritage sites in Delhi on Saturday, including areas around the Red Fort and parts of Chandni Chowk, following intelligence inputs suggesting a possible terror threat, an official said.
Security agencies issued an alert on a possible explosion threat near Red Fort, a major tourist destination and high-security zone, after Central intelligence agencies indicated that Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) has allegedly kept prominent religious places in India on its target list.
Sources said specific inputs suggested that a temple in the Chandni Chowk area could be among the potential targets.
ALSO READ: Artificial intelligence, hologram tech bring 'Arjuna', 'Lord Krishna' at AI Summit
While the intelligence inputs are being verified and assessed, security has been stepped up in and around sensitive religious places and crowded public areas, they added.
Intelligence agencies indicated that LeT could be attempting to carry out an Improvised Explosive Device (IED)-based attack. The alleged plan is reportedly linked to attempts by the terror group to avenge the February 6 blast at a mosque in Islamabad, Pakistan, sources said.
Central agencies and Delhi Police units are maintaining close coordination, and surveillance has been intensified through CCTV monitoring, vehicle checks and deployment of additional personnel at vulnerable points. Bomb disposal squads, dog squads and quick reaction teams have also been placed on standby at strategic locations, they added.
The alert comes in the backdrop of the deadly car explosion near the historic Red Fort on November 10, 2025, which killed at least 13 people and injured more than 20 others. The blast occurred when a car loaded with explosives detonated near Gate No 1 of the Red Fort metro station, igniting multiple vehicles nearby and causing panic in the densely populated area.
Security agencies have urged people to remain vigilant and immediately inform police or emergency services about any suspicious objects or activity. However, officials said there is no cause for panic and that the measures are precautionary in nature.
Further intelligence gathering and verification of inputs are underway, an official said.
