Belthangady: Activist Jayant T has filed a complaint with the Karnataka Lokayukta, State Human Rights Commission, Chief Minister, and Home Minister, alleging that false and malicious cases were used to recommend the externment (gadipaaru) of Mahesh Shetty Timarodi.
According to the complaint, the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DySP) of Bantwal allegedly submitted a misleading report to the Assistant Commissioner’s court in Puttur subdivision, citing around 13 cases that had already been closed and several others that were allegedly filed with malicious intent. Jayant has demanded an inquiry and appropriate action against the concerned officials.
The complaint states that during the hearing of the externment case, the DySP violated procedural norms and attempted to influence the Assistant Commissioner’s court to secure an order against Mahesh Shetty. Jayant further claimed that while 26 cases were registered against Mahesh Shetty, 16 of them have already been disposed of. Despite this, the DySP allegedly presented written statements in court without supporting documents, which Jayant described as contemptuous of the judiciary.
The externment case of Mahesh Shetty Timarodi is currently pending before the Karnataka High Court. Meanwhile, Jayant recently posted a video on social media leveling several allegations against the Bantwal DySP, following which Belthangady police registered a suo motu case against him.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): Delhi Police has recovered 1,850 stolen and lost mobile phones worth around Rs 4 crore in past 40 days under "Mission Reconnect", an initiative aimed at returning phones to their rightful owners in outernorth Delhi, an official said on Saturday.
The recovered phones were traced from different parts of the country, including remote areas, through technical surveillance and sustained field operations, police said, adding that the devices were handed over to their owners during a programme at the Sports Ground, New Police Lines, Kingsway Camp.
The initiative focused on a victim-centric approach and aimed at strengthening public trust through proactive policing and coordinated efforts across states, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outernorth) Hareshwar Swami said.
As part of the programme, teams performed 'nukkad nataks' and screened awareness videos on cybercrime, drug abuse prevention, and senior citizen safety, sensitising the public about digital frauds and safety measures, officials said.
The initiative combines technology, investigation and community participation to ensure recovery of lost property and reconnect citizens with their valuables, they added.
