Mangaluru: Nearly 90 passengers on Tuesday who arrived at the Mangaluru International Airport from Dubai complaint that their luggage was “missing” on arrival

The passengers who arrived on the SpiceJet flight were later told by the airline that their luggage would arrive after a couple of days through cargo and would be delivered to their homes. They were asked to fill out forms and addresses at the airline counter at the Mangaluru airport.

The passengers however have denied being informed of any such arrangements in advance. “We were told about this only after arriving at the Mangaluru Airport.” One of the passengers who were on the flight told Vartha Bharati.

“The flight was scheduled to take off from Dubai at 4:20 pm local time but it took off three hours after the scheduled time. We were made to wait on the flight for nearly two hours before taking off. There were 180 passengers on the flight and only 90 of them got their luggage loaded on the flight while the luggage of others was not loaded and instead were told that they would get their luggage after 2-3 days.” Syed Shadab a Bhatkal resident who was also on the flight said.

For Shadab however, this was not the first time an incident like this had happened. Shadab alleged that the airline gave him a similar shocker about 15 days back at the Mumbai airport. His luggage was not loaded on the flight and was sent through cargo.

The passengers after arriving at the Mangaluru Airport protested against the airline for loading their luggage in cargo despite taking complete charges and ticket fares that include luggage charges. Several also claimed that their luggage had edible and perishable items which would be of no use if it arrives 2-3 days after it was loaded. They also demanded a refund for their ticket prices, but to no avail.

Vartha Bharati tried to contact the airline for an official comment regarding the issue but did not receive any response from the airline. The story will be updated as and when we get a response from SpiceJet.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.

Kanpur (UP), Dec 3: A 17-year-old vegetable vendor lost his leg after being run over by a train while he was collecting his belongings allegedly thrown on a track by police personnel during an anti-encroachment drive here.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) Vijay Dhull told PTI that Head Constable Rakesh Kumar has been placed under suspension.

Police initiated an inquiry after several purported videos surfaced online showing the boy lying on the tracks asking for help as policemen and people try to rescue him, a senior official said.

"Prima facie, it appears Kumar showed negligent behaviour," Dhull said, adding that Assistant Commissioner of Police (Kalyanpur) Vikas Pandey has been asked to conduct the inquiry and submit a report at the earliest.

Police personnel had thrown a container of the victim, identified as Arsalan alias Irfan of Rawatpur area, and when he had gone on the railway track to pick it up, he was run over by a train on Friday, Dhull said.

Arsalan lost his right leg and suffered serious injuries to his left leg. He was taken to the Lala Lajpat Rai Hospital from where he was shifted to the SGPGIMS where a surgery was performed on Saturday, he said.

Dhull confirmed that several purported videos of the incident have gone viral and police are trying to obtain the mobile clips and pictures. These will help police to establish the sequence of events, he said.

Interacting with reporters, a local, who identified himself as Mohammad Shanu, claimed that the victim lost his leg after being hit by a train when he was collecting his weighing scale thrown on the tracks by police during an anti-encroachment drive.

The victim's father Saleem, an auto-rickshaw driver, told media persons that his son's leg were severed on the spot.