Mangaluru: Minister for Health and Family Welfare Dinesh Gundu Rao, commenting on Madhya Pradesh Cabinet Minister Vijay Shah for his recent controversial statement on Col Sofiya Qureshi, said that the BJP was stooping to very low moral levels by insulting officers of the Indian Army.

Addressing reports at the Circuit House on Friday, Rao pointed out that the Madhya Pradesh High Court, expressing distrust in the state government regarding filing an FIR against Shah, had stated that it would take charge of the matter.

Stating that the BJP only focuses on communalizing the matter, with many party workers also insulting the Foreign Secretary’s daughter, the minister challenged the BJP workers to troll Prime Minister Narendra Modi who had decided on calling a ceasefire with Pakistan. The power to take the decision lies with the PM, Rao said, and also asked people to understand matters clearly rather than politicizing them.

He further criticized the PM’s silence regarding Pakistan’s fake news that it had destroyed Indian jets although all of India had unitedly stood by the Central government as it went ahead to fight against the Pahalgam terrorists.

The minister stated that people had been seeking explanations for the declaration of the ceasefire by US President Donald Trump. Opining that PM Modi greatly feared the US President, he added that while the PM criticizes Turkey boldly, he also prefers silence on China supplying weapons to Pakistan.

Rao said that the PM should call an all-party meeting and answer questions. He pointed out that the Congress leaders had demanded a special Parliamentary session to discuss the Pahalgam issue.

In response to a question on President Trump asking Apple to stop expanding production in India, the minister expressed optimism regarding the PM.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Lakhimpur Kheri (UP) (PTI): Ten people were killed when a van collided head-on with a truck on the Sisaiya-Lakhimpur national highway on Monday, police said.

The van was going to Sisaiya from Lakhimpur when the accident took place between Unchgaon and Bharehta villages.

Circle Officer of Dhaurahra, Shamsher Bahadur Singh, said all nine passengers travelling in the van and the driver were killed.

District Magistrate of Lakhimpur Kheri Anjani Kumar Singh told reporters that the van collided with a truck coming from the opposite direction, leading to nine casualties on the spot, while one succumbed to injuries at the district hospital.

Circle Officer, Dhaurahra, Shamsher Bahadur Singh told PTI, "Efforts are on to establish the identity of other deceased persons."

The seven of the deceased have been identified as Jaideep Singh (25), Pawan (23), Sohan (21), Ram Goyal (42), Sahajram (35), Pappu (18), all residents of Bahraich district and Adnan Khan (15), a resident of Lakhimpur Kheri district, police said.

Condoling the loss of lives in the accident, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in a post on X, said, "The loss of life in the unfortunate road accident in Lakhimpur Kheri district is deeply distressing and heart-wrenching. My condolences are with the bereaved families."

"I have directed the local administration to provide prompt and adequate assistance to the injured and the victims. I pray to Lord Shri Ram to grant the departed souls a place at His divine feet and to bestow a speedy recovery upon the injured," Adityanath said on X.

Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya and Brajesh Pathak too condoled the loss of lives in the accident.

"The loss of lives resulting from the road accident in Lakhimpur Kheri district is deeply tragic and heart-wrenching. My deepest condolences go out to the bereaved families," Maurya said.