Karwar: Nearly five months after a fishing boat ‘Suvarna Tribhuja’ went missing after sailing into sea for fishing in December last year, the Indian Navy reportedly found its wreckage on May 1 near Malvan in Maharashtra.

According to Indian Navy’s twitter handle, INS Nireekshak, found the wreck of Suvarna Tribhuja ‘after an intensive search by ships and aircraft since December 2018’.

An intense search operation was initiated with the help of Navy ships and helicopters to locate the vessel since it went missing from December 15 with 7 fishermen onboard. Two of the fishermen hailed from Malpe while other five hailed from different places in Uttara Kannada District.

Meanwhile, after finding the wrecks of the sea it is being suspected that the seven fishermen onboard the vessel must have drowned in the sea.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar, Apr 4 (PTI): Seven women farm labourers, two of them aged 18, died and three others were rescued after a tractor-trolley ferrying them to an agriculture field plunged into a well in Nanded district of Maharashtra on Friday morning, an official said.

The accident occurred at around 7.30 am in Asegaon village which lies under jurisdiction of Limbgaon police station when the vehicle veered off the road and fell into the well filled to the brim with water, said District Information Officer (DIO) Pravin Take said.

Police and local administration officials immediately launched a rescue operation and pumped out a large amount of water from the well, he said.

At the end of the operation, bodies of seven women were fished out of the well, while three others were rescued, said the DIO.

"The woman were on their way to harvest turmeric at a farm. All those who died hailed from Gunj village under Vasmat tehsil in Hingoli district," the official said.

The deceased were identified as Tarabai Satwaji Jadhav (35), Dhrupata Satwaji Jadhav (18), Saraswati Lakhan Burad (25), Simran Santosh Kamble (18), Chaitrabai Madhav Pardhe (45), Jyoti Irabaji Saraode (35), Sapna Tukaram Raut (25), he said.

Three other women farm labourers - Parvatibai Burad (35), Purbhabai Kamble (40), Satwaji Jadhav (55) -- were rescued from the water body.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi condoled the loss of lives in the accident and announced ex gratia of Rs 2 lakh from PM's National Relief Fund (PMNRF) to the next of kin of each deceased.

The injured will be given Rs 50,000 each, he said.

"Saddened by the loss of lives in an accident in Nanded, Maharashtra. Condolences to those who have lost their loved ones. May the injured recover soon. The local administration is assisting those affected," the Prime Minister said.

Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis expressed grief over the death of farm labourers and separately announced a financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh to the family of each deceased.

"Some women died in an accident in Asegaon, Nanded district, this morning when a tractor trolley carrying 11 women labourers fell into a well. I pay my heartfelt tributes to them. These women were from Gunjgaon, Hingoli district, and were going for agricultural work," he posted on X.

"The families of the deceased will be given a financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh each from the Chief Minister's Relief Fund," he declared.

"Three women were rescued safely. We are in touch with both Hingoli and Nanded administrations," the CM said.

Later, talking to reporters, Fadnavis said an inquiry has been ordered into the accident and steps will be taken to ensure such incidents do not recur.